• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Unfortunately, many people here in Maryland and in blue states are self-centered. They care about themselves and they only get concern when it is too late. Prime example this election, XL pipeline. I'm loving the buyer's remorse.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I had a liberal coworker once and was surprised when he told me about his 9 mm. I thought, hmmm, maybe I’ve misjudged. I told him about pending legislation in his state and he should write his representatives and oppose it. He looked at me with a sort of grin and smirk and said, “What do I care? I’ve got mine.” I still remember how much I wanted to smack that grin off his face.

I wonder if he will smirk when the come to take his.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Can't even get hunters on board and organized to overturn unjust and stupid regs. What makes you think they will come together on 2A? When I bring up Sunday hunting its always "Well my county allows it so F everyone else".

Last edited:

Andywhale

Aug 25, 2020
    Howard County
    Unfortunately, many people here in Maryland and in blue states are self-centered. They care about themselves and they only get concern when it is too late. Prime example this election, XL pipeline. I'm loving the buyer's remorse.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

This is the real problem.

Scorpioj

Feb 27, 2017
    US of A
    Information

Apologies for being one of the uninformed on this one guys, BUT there is hope (for me at least). Can someone tell me the best place to find accurate full information on this Bill. I have been seeing for a while how our ability(right) to have our 2A benefits have been slowly chipped away. i would like to become more educated on this one.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Check and make sure your MSI membership has your correct email,, I receive emails almost every day with status updates of pending legislation.

Apologies for being one of the uninformed on this one guys, BUT there is hope (for me at least). Can someone tell me the best place to find accurate full information on this Bill. I have been seeing for a while how our ability(right) to have our 2A benefits have been slowly chipped away. i would like to become more educated on this one.

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    Was one of them this guy?
    0f9aaf5dcebcb4f892c1f862cdd6cbbb9a32ad54ef599262be875f76aaba9816.jpg

TangoSierra27

MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2017
    FOREST HILL
    One of the biggest issues with gun owners, is exactly what you see posted here. Gun owners bashing other gun owners for their lack of knowledge about use, care, and operating fire arms, and not keeping up with legislation thats been introduced during the legislature session. Maybe just maybe if we as gun owners had a more welcoming attitude others would seek us out, as a source of information. Most folks that see many of the post will shy away from asking any questions at all. We should be spreading the word on legislation that is detrimental to gunowners especially in Maryland. Let these folks know they can come to us and we will help them understand the importance of monitoring the legislation, where to find it on web sites and what groups are active in stopping legislation that harms gunowners. If people aren't aware lets help them become more active and welcome them instead of berate them. Just my thoughts. SF.

Gordogo

Oct 2, 2020
    Ive been following guns and gadgets on youtube. Daily updates on laws and bills. Pretty crazy how fair the left will go to take the 2nd away. I hope more people realize this.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    I have felt pretty welcomed here, thank goodness.

I have a co-worker 2 doors down, who owns firearms. I told him about the upcoming legislation. He seems on top of it.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I don't think that it's that there's a lack of awareness as much as it's simply due to this sect of society being conservative - conservative people keep to themselves. Is it a great excuse? No - not really, but when you stop to think about how often conservatives gather to protest or demonstrate vs how often the liberals do it, there's no comparison - conservative people don't often do that.

And then there's Maryland itself.

The last time I actually went and physically took part in a demonstration was for the FSA 2013. I was there at Lawyer's Mall in Annapolis, and I heard Dan Bongino speak to a crowd of 5,000 or more folks who were crammed there that day. I got shuffled from one waiting area to the next waiting for my turn to testify as a tax paying resident of the State of Maryland. I wrote emails and made phone calls. The protest against that bill was overwhelming, and it was soundly based in reason and logic....

And it didn't make one lick of difference. It didn't even cause a perceptible ripple in how the votes were cast, and in spite of the lack of media coverage, the turnout for the protest to that bill was historic - nothing like that had ever been seen on Lawyer's Mall, at least not in recent times. Not ONE LICK of difference.

Maryland is a lost cause, and RINO Fat Larry didn't help it. My only solution is to GTFO of the state as soon as I can - soft-retirement is coming in 4-5 years, while I'm still young enough to enjoy it.

Do I lack awareness? No. I'm aware, but as frustrating as I know it's going to be over the next handful of years, (knock on wood - at my age, Lord only knows if I'll actually see those years through) ultimately I've quit caring. I'm not originally from here, and although I did marry into it, I personally have no qualms about leaving it.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I don't think that it's that there's a lack of awareness as much as it's simply due to this sect of society being conservative - conservative people keep to themselves. Is it a great excuse? No - not really, but when you stop to think about how often conservatives gather to protest or demonstrate vs how often the liberals do it, there's no comparison - conservative people don't often do that.

And then there's Maryland itself.

The last time I actually went and physically took part in a demonstration was for the FSA 2013. I was there at Lawyer's Mall in Annapolis, and I heard Dan Bongino speak to a crowd of 5,000 or more folks who were crammed there that day. I got shuffled from one waiting area to the next waiting for my turn to testify as a tax paying resident of the State of Maryland. I wrote emails and made phone calls. The protest against that bill was overwhelming, and it was soundly based in reason and logic....

And it didn't make one lick of difference. It didn't even cause a perceptible ripple in how the votes were cast, and in spite of the lack of media coverage, the turnout for the protest to that bill was historic - nothing like that had ever been seen on Lawyer's Mall, at least not in recent times. Not ONE LICK of difference.

On the Senate side you are correct, but on the House side, we were so successful that the Governor, Speaker of the House, and President of the Senate had to threaten members of their own party to get the bill passed out of committee.

Maryland is a lost cause, and RINO Fat Larry didn't help it. My only solution is to GTFO of the state as soon as I can - soft-retirement is coming in 4-5 years, while I'm still young enough to enjoy it.

Do I lack awareness? No. I'm aware, but as frustrating as I know it's going to be over the next handful of years, (knock on wood - at my age, Lord only knows if I'll actually see those years through) ultimately I've quit caring. I'm not originally from here, and although I did marry into it, I personally have no qualms about leaving it.

Maryland is NOT a lost cause if people would understand the affect we had back in 2013 on the whole process and not just a part of it. But they don't, they either don't care or they lack awareness of how effective we actually were.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Or just tired,, worn out tired.
    Personally have spent 2-4 hours a day, for the last year,, on fighting the leftist assault from every angle.
    And it makes no difference.

MD politicians no longer even converse with you anymore, they just ignore.
    The constituent is no longer the "customer" ,, Politicians are now beholding to the Out of state/out of country forces that fund them, not the local residents.
    If I had to "Guess",, I would also say that elections in MD have not mattered in the last 20-30 years, Between some fruad and the massive amount of out of state money.

On the Senate side you are correct, but on the House side, we were so successful that the Governor, Speaker of the House, and President of the Senate had to threaten members of their own party to get the bill passed out of committee.

Maryland is NOT a lost cause if people would understand the affect we had back in 2013 on the whole process and not just a part of it. But they don't, they either don't care or they lack awareness of how effective we actually were.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    When next year's batch of hunters go to the store to buy ammunition and are told "Please sign here and provide your driver's license so I can run your background check. Please come back in 3 days to pick up your ammunition when your background check is complete." I wonder what the reaction will be?

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD

I disagree. Sure, the final law from the Freedom Suppression Action of 2013 wasn't "as bad" as it was in the beginning, but it still is garbage that to most of us violates 2A.

Every year they infringe more. Maybe not as much by the end of the legislative session as the beginning, but it is more.

If we want it to stop, we have to get the fools in the big city and 2 or 3 counties to vote for COTUS-loving candidates and I just don't see that happening. There are too many idiots out there. I shudder to think how many are like the fool from Federal Hill or Fells Point who was mugged and still sided with his attackers because "he had a nice bicycle and they didn't."

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    When next year's batch of hunters go to the store to buy ammunition and are told "Please sign here and provide your driver's license so I can run your background check. Please come back in 3 days to pick up your ammunition when your background check is complete." I wonder what the reaction will be?

My guess is that for about 80% of them that will be the first time they’ve heard of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    My guess is that for about 80% of them that will be the first time they’ve heard of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right but what I mean is, will they care? Will they be surprised? Will they stop hunting? Will they say "f--- it" and just obtain ammunition illegally?

For the life of me, I cannot see how this will be enforced.

Hunter buys ammunition in VA or WVA.
    One morning, Hunter is pulled over for speeding in a routine traffic stop on the way out to his deer stand/duck blind.

Officer asks if he has weapons in the vehicle, Hunter says "Yes, I'm on my way to hunting."

Ok, Officer Friendly finds 2 boxes of 12ga. in the back of the vehicle, stored separately from the shotgun. How does Officer Friendly know that a background check was or was not conducted to purchase the ammo?

As we all know, people hoard and store ammo for years, sometimes decades!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom