• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    all this on one report from a friend of a friend?

Not a friend of a friend at all. He is a co-worker, that I've known for several years, who applied a day or two before me. He has been through the whole process, interview, references, check cashed, etc. I spoke with him today, and hopefully he will contact Patrick soon.

I'll follow up with him tomorrow morning when I see him. If he doesn't mind, I'll post any more details tomorrow afternoon.

MH

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    M.H. wow-ok I stand corrected.

MSP is just making more work for themselves IMO. I am gonna reapply every time they send my app back-if and when it happens.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    MSP is just making more work for themselves IMO.

That's the part that I just don't get. I figured that they would sit on all of the apps, especially after going through the bulk of the processing. Not even mentioning how this will make them look in the eyes of the court and could come back and bite them in the ass.

I was a bit surprised when they returned the post-stay apps, but with this guy's situation, I'm stunned.

MH

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    That's the part that I just don't get. I figured that they would sit on all of the apps, especially after going through the bulk of the processing. Not even mentioning how this will make them look in the eyes of the court and could come back and bite them in the ass.

I was a bit surprised when they returned the post-stay apps, but with this guy's situation, I'm stunned.

MH

Maybe if the app never reaches the board, its not technically denied. so they may still be keeping their numbers up as they are dumping them before that point of no return that ruins their stats.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Maybe if the app never reaches the board, its not technically denied. so they may still be keeping their numbers up as they are dumping them before that point of no return that ruins their stats.

Yeah, but they're violating the law in doing so. They can't be stupid enough to think that the applicants who got their apps returned won't be brought up during the appeal, can they? Oh wait, sure they can.:rolleyes:

MH

Sep 6, 2011
    Garrett County, MD

MH

If they sit on them, they hit the 90 day point. Then they have questions they have to answer without any "I have no recollection of that application" answer.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Remember, though, that all processed checks were given a tracking/file/processing number.

easy fix for them...

deletekey-resized-600.jpg

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Remember as Inigoes pointed out, they can't erase the copy of the letter I got back from CJIS, nor my cancelled check, nor my pdf of the signed receipt of my app.

Denials on their part won't fly.

They have opened a Pandora's box they cannot ever close IMO

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Well, that earlier civil rights struggle didn't end with a single court case.

How about next Legislature Opening Day we all stand around the Thurgood Marshall statue and sing, "We Shall Overcome".

peafarmer

Dec 23, 2011
    Annapolis
    I wonder if MSP cares about their approval rate. Their response to the OP states that since the stay is in effect, they are bound to enforce the G&S law. I think this is true. What I wonder is if the MSP really endorses the G&S or if they are just being good soldiers and enforcing it. I would think that most MSP officers think more like us than like Gansler...thoughts?

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom