• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Not this guy. I've a one rig for about 6 years. Just added a second. Once I can stomach the lead times, I'll upgrade my primary carrier to the JPC. The plates I'll keep with the III+'s that I have

Keep an eye out, some retailers are getting JPCs in stock. I found one a few weeks ago in stock with free next day shipping.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Not this guy. I've a one rig for about 6 years. Just added a second. Once I can stomach the lead times, I'll upgrade my primary carrier to the JPC. The plates I'll keep with the III+'s that I have

Same here, I picked up my first rig a few years ago and received my second last week. Went a different route this last time. First rig was a carrier with steel plates and this time I purchased a level III+ soft vest. Just gives me some versatility if I feel the need to be mobile.

cb1980

Jul 25, 2016
    has anyone looked at or purchased armor from legacy safety and security? credible company? their pricing seems good but I can't seem to find much about their armor other than a little bit of limited info on their site and a few external links they have for reviews on their armor

website is https://legacyss.net/

jimboman2000

Jan 9, 2014
    Cecil!
    Lapg level 3 and 4 in stock
    https://lapolicegear.com/duty-gear.html?avad=234121_d1c01c1a5

The photo on the handing page may say out of stock but if you click on the item and go to its page it will have the quantity in stock listed. Watched it go from 600+ to 298 overnight.

TXTDL105 for 10% off

Just came here to post this. According to reddit, if it's in stock, it will ship. Wait times seem to be fairly long. People stating 10 to 12 weeks.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Just came here to post this. According to reddit, if it's in stock, it will ship. Wait times seem to be fairly long. People stating 10 to 12 weeks.

Ordered this morning. Got shipping notification this afternoon.
    Supposed to arrive tuesday.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Ordered one plate yesterday. I've needed a back plate for a while. $125 shipped.
    Nice work Jaybeez. :thumbsup:

jimboman2000

Jan 9, 2014
    Cecil!
    Anyone still looking for a set of plates....chasetactical.com has a deal going right now.

Attachments

• 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      39.6 KB · Views: 562

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    ar500armor.com is doing another BOGO on some plates and 20.12% off the entire site using code 8years to celebrate their anniversary.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Black, OD green or coyote carrier? What say you?

I was going to go with black but I think it may stand out more in some situations. Leaning towards OD green

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I vote OD green. Most versatile.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Black, OD green or coyote carrier? What say you?

I was going to go with black but I think it may stand out more in some situations. Leaning towards OD green

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Coyote or of green are better for anything that isn't running the city, and grey is better for that.

d_c

Jul 7, 2009
    Texas
    Anyone still looking for a set of plates....chasetactical.com has a deal going right now.

Just a heads up that they appear to have gotten backed up on some of theirs in the last couple of weeks. Still waiting on one of the Level IV's and was told they no longer have an ETA for new stock.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    *****Omg, I cannot believe how heavy the carrier and armor is on one of my military friends rigs. It's steel plates with ceramic something or others and padding behind it to keep his innards from getting smooshed from the energy blasts of getting shot, etc... He wore that thing out in Iraq and Afghanistan, along with a cup and his uniform, mags, and a lot of other stuff. I bet he's carrying 80 lbs of stuff on him including his rifle and sidearm! Wearing that has got to *suck* on hot days in the sun! Probably sucks less than NOT having it and getting shot but geez that armor is HEAVY. He doesn't have to march much but he's had to run before to get to cover and he's not gonna break any land speed records with that thing on!

Makes my rig seem downright *light* but I only have protection for my chest and back versus a lot more coverage.

Someone else said it: around here, you probably won't need to wear your armor long as you will either be dead, or whatever got you to need to put it on is over fast.

We put my son in a full IOTV so he could experience the weight. No load out on it but it was enough for him to understand the impact to mobility and endurance. It was hot as hell out too.

Attachments

• 092A1D12-55E2-4600-9BCD-C53D2612CFED.jpg
      092A1D12-55E2-4600-9BCD-C53D2612CFED.jpg
      121.1 KB · Views: 400

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Mine is shipping today from Chase! I ordered Multicam but the wait is longer so they’re sending a coyote today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom