Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Topics of Interest > Competitive Shooting
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old July 1st, 2020, 09:43 PM #41
The Hebrew Hammer

The Hebrew Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH1106 View Post
I'm going to the steel match at AGC on Sunday. Hopefully I'll get a chance to meet a few of you nice folks there.
I'm in squad 4, hit me up if you get there - ask for David.
Old July 2nd, 2020, 09:45 AM #42

Will do . thank you
COACH1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2020, 10:16 AM #43

Coach there is an informal pistol only practice event tonight on the action bays 530-8 if you can make it. Would be a good opportunity to get an idea what to expect for the match and try your gear.
Red1917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2020, 10:26 AM #44
KnowNothing

KnowNothing

For Those who do not seem to get emails from Practiscore

AGC - "Outlaw" Steel Challenge Match
Good morning Americans/Green Card & Visa holders. Happy 4th of July to everyone one.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday morning for the July 5th Outlaw Steel Challenge Match. Here are a few house keeping items for your review.

We currently have a waitlist of 14 people. If for any reason you do not think you are going to make it on Sunday, then please withdraw ASAP. Withdrawing after noon on Saturday, without a really good reason, (like an M80 blew the the fingers off of your strong hand) is not looked upon kindly and will be met with you not being approved to shoot in future AGC matches. Missing fingers on the weak hand is no excuse to not show up.

It is going to be very warm on Sunday. We have 3 easy ups and the pavilion has been cleaned up to help shelter you from the sun. Please feel free to bring your own easy up and set it up at the mouth of the bay you are starting or finishing on. This would be greatly appreciated by your fellow shooters.

RULE CHANGE - In an effort to keep things moving along, we are introducing a rule change in reference to and specifically to address malfunctioning firearms (pay attention rimfire shooters).

Multiple Equipment Malfunctions
If a firearm malfunctions before a shooter completes a string/stage, then that string will be scored as "Miss Stop Plate" (+30 seconds). In the case of an outlaw stage, the entire stage will be scored as normal once the part time expires (time of last shot + all targets not engaged). The shooter will then be given 60 seconds to clear the malfunction and then resume shooting any remaining strings (standard Steel Challenge Stages only). If it takes more than 60 seconds to restore the functionality of the firearm and only if it is UNLOADED, then the Equipment Malfunctions provision (See SCSA Official Rules) applies. In this case, the shooter will be sent to the safe table on the other side of AGC Lane to repair or bag their firearm.

If the same firearm malfunctions on the same or any future stages, then that stage and all of its remaining strings will be scored as DNF. The shooter is welcome try the same firearm on the next stage, however the Multiple Malfunctions rule will continue to apply to that firearm for the remainder of the match. A shooter may also substitute their firearm as prescribed by the SCSA Changing Equipment Rule 3.2.1

Note: There are no reshoots provided for due to malfunctioning equipment

First malfunction>Scored Miss Stop Plate> Fix within 60 seconds>shoot remaining strings - Second and any further malfunctions>Stage Scored as a DNF>Remaining Strings on that stage are forfeited>May try again on next stage

We will discuss this rule during the safety briefing and field any questions at that time. The long and the short of it is this. If your firearm malfunctions, you will be given one minute to fix it and resume that stage. If it happens again on that or future stages, then you are done shooting that stage.

Please understand that we want to be as friendly as possible, yet courteous to everyone. A firearm that is a habitual malfunctioner holds up the other 77 guns. If you own that gun, either get it fixed or leave it at home.

Take care, be safe and don't drink too much on Saturday night. See you all Sunday.

Mike
MEGARMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:38 PM #45

Thank you Red , unfortunately I got busy last night.
Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM #46

So looks like I made it off the wait list. erwos I joined the same squad you're in. I'm going to need some guidance this will be my first comp.

Home Page > Forum List > Topics of Interest > Competitive Shooting