• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I have not ordered for ship to store.

But no problem buying standard cap mags there.

I buy a couple every time I am there. I think that is Maryland law. I am REQUIRED to buy more mags, ever time I leave the state. :lol2::lol2:

I was in Gainesville yesterday and stopped by Cabelas to kill a few minutes before meeting a friend for lunch. Came home with 3 standard capacity AR mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    There are lots of out of state IPs that are MDS members AND KNOW THE MD LAW and are happy to take your money. I suggest you deal with them...no fuss no muss. And watch out with ordering mags for ship to store. MD just decided that if you order them AND PAY FOR THEM within the state it doesn’t matter where you pick them up. You are considered to have purchased them within the state which is verboten!

Wow, this is the first time I have heard this! Guess I need to order on my phone the next time I'm out of state just to be sure.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Wow, this is the first time I have heard this! Guess I need to order on my phone the next time I'm out of state just to be sure.

Doesn't matter where your phone is, matters where your account is billed. Comptroller and MSP say if your billing address is MD, the sale took place in MD.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Doesn't matter where your phone is, matters where your account is billed. Comptroller and MSP say if your billing address is MD, the sale took place in MD.

And they would be wrong but what else is new.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    And they would be wrong but what else is new.

Exactly.

The transaction legally takes place wherever the seller has a nexus of presence. If they aren't in MD, the sale wasn't in MD. That kind of crap is exactly why MD has a "sales and use tax" instead of just a "sales tax" - they don't want people buying everything out of state just to avoid sales taxes. In practice it's rarely collected, but there have been times when they've had MSP set up checkpoints to grab people coming back from NC with furniture and making them pay the use tax on it.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Exactly.

The transaction legally takes place wherever the seller has a nexus of presence. If they aren't in MD, the sale wasn't in MD. That kind of crap is exactly why MD has a "sales and use tax" instead of just a "sales tax" - they don't want people buying everything out of state just to avoid sales taxes. In practice it's rarely collected, but there have been times when they've had MSP set up checkpoints to grab people coming back from NC with furniture and making them pay the use tax on it.

Because the MSP LD has now figured out how to transcend the laws of time and space. You were in the state at some time and therefore "all your standard magazines are belong to us."

They are delusional. And pay cash whenever you can.

Criminal Code § 4-305. Detachable magazines -- Prohibited Westlaw Link 4-305 (a) Scope of section. -- This section does not apply to: (1) a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine; or (2) a law enforcement officer or a person who retired in good standing from service with a law enforcement agency of the United States, the State, or any law enforcement agency in the State. (b) Prohibited. -- A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm.

"receive and Transfer" are vague.
    If I were to go to my cousins in Va for the weekend, and brought some guns that had 15 round mags, (that were grandfathered in) then when I returned, would I not be transferring them??
    Also the law makes no mention of keeping mags (over 10 rnds) that were in possession prior to the law?
    Seems like a door open to interoperation?

Slack

Ref. item (b)- "manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer" all apply to within the occupied state of Maryland only. Possession of magazines greater than 10 rounds is NOT unlawful; acquisition of magazines greater than 10 rounds is not unlawful as long as they are acquired outside the physical boundaries of the occupied state of Maryland. Magazines of greater than 10 rounds capacity, which have been acquired outside the physical boundaries of the occupied state of Maryland, can be brought into the occupied state of Maryland and used for any and all lawful purposes (i.e. home defense, range, target competition, action competition, etc.) without concern of running afoul of currently codified law.

Minor

May 17, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    The only thing this does is hurt "Businesses" in Maryland , the businesses that pay Md. tax and employ Md. citizens . One of the dumbest laws next to the Red Flag law and really most laws that are in Maryland .

The politicians here in Maryland are some of the dumbest most naive idiots anywhere in our nation . They would not know the truth or facts if it bit them in the azz .

They sent Beretta packing - screw those jobs - nice one Annapolis.

TangoSierra27

MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2017
    FOREST HILL
    IT'S REALLY PRETTY CLEAR, YOU JUST CAN'T BUY, TRANSFER, ETC, WITHIN MARYLAND. IF YOU BUY THEM OR TAKE OWNERSHIP IN ANOTHER STATE YOUR GOOD TO GO. IF MARYLAND PASSES CONFISCATION LAWS, WELL YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YA THINK IS GOOD FOR YOU.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    IT'S REALLY PRETTY CLEAR, YOU JUST CAN'T BUY, TRANSFER, ETC, WITHIN MARYLAND. IF YOU BUY THEM OR TAKE OWNERSHIP IN ANOTHER STATE YOUR GOOD TO GO. IF MARYLAND PASSES CONFISCATION LAWS, WELL YOU GOTTA DO WHAT YA THINK IS GOOD FOR YOU.
    Do you always talk so loud?

Sent from my tricorder

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom