• ...and so much more!
  • Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Isreali FAL have a few different parts.

From a post on www.falfiles.com
    No. Iraeli FAL's are not the same as the standard metrics.

First, Israeli barrel threads (breech end) are slightly different than the standard 1-16 TPI pitch used on both metric and inch pattern barrels.

Second, Israeli gas blocks are much heavier in construction than the metric and use a shorter gas plug with Hebrew markings. Israeli front sights have a square base around the tapered post and use a unique front sight spring. A special combination wrench is required to adjust the sight; the standard FN metric sight adjusting tool will not work.

Third, Israeli gas pistons are slightly longer than standard metric or inch pattern.

Fourth, Israeli handguards are stamped steel with wooden panels. They are extremely robust. The light barrel handguards require two spacers that go around the gas piston tube; the heavy barrel uses only one. The spacers keep the wooden handguards from being crushed against the barrel and/or gas piston tube.

Fifth, Israeli magazine catches have a burr or ring shape. No other metric magazine catch looks like them.

Sixth, Israeli lowers are marked in Hebrew and are positioned opposite (appearing upsidedown in relation) to the metric markings. Israeli safety selectors come in semi-auto only and full auto. Each takes a C-ring retainer clip and have a very distinctive shape.

Seventh, the Israeli rear sight aperture is the tallest of the metric rear sight apertures. Light barrel sight slides are for 600 meters; heavy barrel sight slides are for 700 meters.

Eighth, Israeli stocks may be found with or without the stock ferrule at the small of the stock. Israeli light barrel butt plates are stamped steel; the heavy barrel butt stock has a hinged butt plate like the M14 rifle. Israeli butt swivels (for attaching the lower end of the sling) come in five pieces: two screws, a lower plate, the butt swivel, and the upper retainer plate.

Ninth, Israeli carrying handles on the heavy barrel guns are very robust and may be either wood or plastic. They face the opposite direction as the standard carrying handle. Light barrel carrying handles are wood (early) or the standard FN plastic.

Tenth, Israeli heavy barrel guns arre equiped with folding, non-adjusting bipods. Flash suppressors may be either the 5-slot type or similar to the "combination device" with the rows of angled holes. The Israeli heavy barrel gun is the tactical equivalent of the FN FALO or Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR).

Eleventh: Israeli light or heavy barrel rifles use the vertical take down lever. They may be found with wooden pistol grips (early production) or the black plastic grips found on later FN production. No pistol grip cleaning kit is used.

Twelfth, Israeli upper receivers are marked with the IDF shield and in Hebrew on left and right sides and on the right side of the magazine well. Both Type 1 and Type 2 metric receivers may be found. Magazines are metric pattern with a Hebrew letters in a circular cartouche.

Thirteenth, Israeli light barrels may be found without a flash suppressor and use the FN Type A bayonet with the two prongs attached to the muzzle ring. The bayonet is designed to act as a flash suppressor at night and is spring-loaded to compensate for point-of-impact changes caused by firing the rifle with and without the bayonet fixed. Later Israeli barrels are found with the FN "combination device" and take the FN tubular bayonet with offset blade.

Now, parts may be parts, but Israeli FALs have many parts unique only to them.

:fal:

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I have had an Isreali Heavy Barrel FAL sitting in peices for a several years. I had most of the parts just needed a few small pieces. It is finally coming together.

Attachments

• 20181105_180904.jpg
      20181105_180904.jpg
      65.7 KB · Views: 506

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    They are supposedly Israeli, so it would be different from the other kits.

Q

I see it now I was focused on the barrel. If you want it get one and put it back.

Sigh like some many others here a FAL is one of the things I didn't get before FSA.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I am still missing a few parts for the butt plate. I screwed up and missed one on Gunbroker today. Ahould have uaed the Buy it now option and thought I could save $10.......

There is an upside though it is assembled to a point where I can take it to the range and try it out finally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom