• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I may or may not have been involved in a transfer where the Trooper never asked to see the gun at all.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Bel Air trooper will walk out to your car. He will then ask for the firearm. If it's in a case, he will remove it from the case. If it's not in a case, he will reach into the car to pick up the firearm. Now this is where each trooper can act differently. Some troopers will bring the firearm into the barracks, while others will write down the firearm's serial number and other information, then tell you to secure the firearm in the car.

I've had both occur.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Only time I’ve done it was at Waterloo barracks. I was the buyer. Trooper walked out to seller’s car, took a picture of the firearm and jotted down the serial number and handed it to the trooper on desk duty to finish the 77r.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    The GB Barracks told the owner to go get it and bring it in. They have the signs outside stating to not bring the firearm in until instructed to.

Q

I've done several at GB. Sometimes they have gone out to bring in the firearm with the seller accompanying, a couple times I was asked to bring the firearm in. Most of the experiences were good, except one. The officer on dutytold me the person who does transfers wouldn't be in for an hour and to come back....which was a pain. To be fair, though, the online 77R process had just started a few weeks earlier and it was possible the trooper on duty was unsure what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom