• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I had a neighbor some years ago who was an NRA member and avid hunter, and who told me he had never been registered to vote...because he didn't want to be called for jury duty. I wanted to scream...

This must change. I do not want to go so far as to see a registration card, but I you shurk your duty to vote and serve on s jury you are every bit as much and enemy of liberty as the mini tyrants of annapolis. You are not a friend of mine, nor my neighbor, nor welcome in my home.

That is all.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    The number of unregistered attendees is disgusting. With over 3,000 attending on March 1st, it's like knocking that number down to 1,800. That number is still good, but when you extrapolate it out, it hurts even more. Why the hell did any of you show up if you DO NOT VOTE! What that did was screw those of us who do vote and care about this state. It would have been better for all of you to stay home. If we had 1,800, all registered to vote, it would have had a better impression.

By my original post, I am not suggesting that the NRA is not doing enough, but what is the legal ramification for what is going on in the state house? If there was ever an event for the population in general to get pissed and march on Annapolis, this is it. How would the liberals have liked it if this happened with the death penalty, illegal licenses, gay marriage or a number of other issues. Because it is gun rights and our 2nd Amendment freedoms, it is ok to the main stream media. We need to make a big, public splash. Maybe a rally outside of a news station, march on Annapolis, constantly showing our influence on anti businesses, attending liberal meetings and gatherings to show opposition. Something needs to be done.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    The number of unregistered attendees is disgusting. With over 3,000 attending on March 1st, it's like knocking that number down to 1,800. That number is still good, but when you extrapolate it out, it hurts even more. Why the hell did any of you show up if you DO NOT VOTE! What that did was screw those of us who do vote and care about this state. It would have been better for all of you to stay home. If we had 1,800, all registered to vote, it would have had a better impression.

By my original post, I am not suggesting that the NRA is not doing enough, but what is the legal ramification for what is going on in the state house? If there was ever an event for the population in general to get pissed and march on Annapolis, this is it. How would the liberals have liked it if this happened with the death penalty, illegal licenses, gay marriage or a number of other issues. Because it is gun rights and our 2nd Amendment freedoms, it is ok to the main stream media. We need to make a big, public splash. Maybe a rally outside of a news station, march on Annapolis, constantly showing our influence on anti businesses, attending liberal meetings and gatherings to show opposition. Something needs to be done.

100% voter registration can be as big a curse as it is a blessing. Be careful what you wish for.

99% of voters have no clue who they are voting for. They see political affiliation and vote as such. You are assuming the powers that be care what people think when they protest or rally. I will let you in on a little secret here...they don't. Unless we have an affiliation with a media source that is willing to show our side and how many people showed up in Annapolis it is as if it never happened.

Shame on anyone for chastising people that show up. Whether they vote or not they are giving it a shot. Even I see the value of that and am pessimistic that it even matters. Just as they have a right to vote...they have a right to not vote if they so choose.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I am certified to register voters, brought materials and a sign saying "Register to Vote Here" to the 3/5 rally. Had absolutely 0 takers...

** He is Risen **

We provided voter registration at the 3/1 event as well, and every one of the hundreds I spoke with in the room we were running said they were already registered.

I'm not sure where the disconnect is, but I would suspect that--while there is a real issue with non-participation--someone is fudging the numbers, somewhere.

Dr Dano HPR

Mar 4, 2013
    Towson
    I had a neighbor some years ago who was an NRA member and avid hunter, and who told me he had never been registered to vote...because he didn't want to be called for jury duty. I wanted to scream...

I have been a registered voter over 30 years and have only had to report for jury duty 3 - 4 times. All I had to do was sit around and catch up on my reading or paperwork. I never had to serve on a Jury though would have willingly. Doubt a Defense Atty. would have kept me. Everybody complains when some notorius case falls apart when some simple mind on the Jury refuses to convict. I would have no problem voting for capital punishment for some guy who beats his Grandmother to death with a hammer if only to protect Firemen or other citizens.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    We provided voter registration at the 3/1 event as well, and every one of the hundreds I spoke with in the room we were running said they were already registered.

I'm not sure where the disconnect is, but I would suspect that--while there is a real issue with non-participation--someone is fudging the numbers, somewhere.

Several issues
    1. Not every email had full name and address.
    2. Those that came in person are more committed and thus may be registered vs email only.
    When contacting delegates out side there own district emailers may not have specified district and the staff may have made the wrong assumption.
    4. Some enterprising folks may have claimed the wrong district by mistake or thinking it would have more effect if they fibbed.

5. Everybody on their side lies.

6. Some may think they are registered but have aged off.
    7. Some may not want to own up to it at a rally,but will fix it quietly themselves.

I would take everything skeptically at this point.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Not indicative of much. The rallyers may be more active then the emailers. Need to get good data on it. And focus on town halls ... and such.... other ideas but not on the board...

Yep, just wanted to add another data point, since someone had suggested doing it at rallies - not the problem. Most people that get off their butts and go to a rally are politically active. Focus on retail. Much better results to be had.

Edit: One thing the lady at the Board of Elections brought up when I mentioned the issue of people's communications being correlated with registration. She pointed out that they can register anytime between now and the elections... So that was shortsighted of Annapolis.

Dr Dano HPR

Mar 4, 2013
    Towson

I think I talked to "ShallNotInfringe" on 3/1 but told her I am already registered. I think most of the people going to Annapolis were already invovled enough to be registered. Emailing is next level of commitment and might have more unregistered there however, 2a folks are naturally suspicious of .Gov and are more cagey about giving clear I.D. to .Gov in email. I think most fertile ground would be Gun Shows, Hunting and Fishing expos., Shooting Events, State Fairs, Festivals, etc.

Ouhuzo

Mar 2, 2013
    I have been a registered voter over 30 years and have only had to report for jury duty 3 - 4 times. All I had to do was sit around and catch up on my reading or paperwork. I never had to serve on a Jury though would have willingly. Doubt a Defense Atty. would have kept me. Everybody complains when some notorius case falls apart when some simple mind on the Jury refuses to convict. I would have no problem voting for capital punishment for some guy who beats his Grandmother to death with a hammer if only to protect Firemen or other citizens.
    These days you just call a number to check in on a desginated day.

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    This must change. I do not want to go so far as to see a registration card, but I you shurk your duty to vote and serve on s jury you are every bit as much and enemy of liberty as the mini tyrants of annapolis. You are not a friend of mine, nor my neighbor, nor welcome in my home.

That is all.

Your acquaintance is mistaken - judy duty now includes anyone who has a MD drivers license - so he might as well be a voter.

spank308

Jul 24, 2012
    :thumbsup:

I don't think any of us saw this coming. What is shows is that they do not see us as a threat. They feel they can tell us one thing and do another. We have to prove that we can affect things for them. Then they will listen. We are not a respected group amongst our "enemies".
    I have been beat up on posts predicting this outcome time and time again. I still believe many of you do not fully understand your enemy by reading current postings. As I said before,they have a vicious cycle by giving free hand outs and taking care of unions that get them re elected.What can we offer that can be bigger than our tax dollars funding them back in office. Obviously,if you just came to the conclusion that they do not fear us is a problem. What is it that you have learned now? As I said before,what is our plan "B"? Tell me what we have to offer that can get a politician that has our views? Until all of Md sap suckers feel our pain it will be the same outcome.Until they have fear,they will push us as far as they wish.Petitions will be gone next,taking more of our fight away.:mad54:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have been beat up on posts predicting this outcome time and time again. I still believe many of you do not fully understand your enemy by reading current postings. As I said before,they have a vicious cycle by giving free hand outs and taking care of unions that get them re elected.What can we offer that can be bigger than our tax dollars funding them back in office. Obviously,if you just came to the conclusion that they do not fear us is a problem. What is it that you have learned now? As I said before,what is our plan "B"? Tell me what we have to offer that can get a politician that has our views? Until all of Md sap suckers feel our pain it will be the same outcome.Until they have fear,they will push us as far as they wish.Petitions will be gone next,taking more of our fight away.:mad54:

How people told us they would vote and what they actually did were two different things. That was very disappointing, but I can't say I'm shocked. I was never under any illusion that they feared us. Perhaps a bit naive in thinking they would listen to reason and that I could believe what they said.

Of course, I'm also not short sighted enough to think this is the end of what we can do. We can affect the election, we can make headway in the courts.

spank308

Jul 24, 2012
    How people told us they would vote and what they actually did were two different things. That was very disappointing, but I can't say I'm shocked. I was never under any illusion that they feared us. Perhaps a bit naive in thinking they would listen to reason and that I could believe what they said.

Of course, I'm also not short sighted enough to think this is the end of what we can do. We can affect the election, we can make headway in the courts.

I'm not trying to be offensive to anyone here. I'm pissed. I think a lot of people believe in the system,which is naive. Court system,how has that been working out. Appeal it until they get the desired outcome. Then it goes to SCOTUS,which is leaning left.You will see the only way is reset at this point. Things always happen for a reason. Hopefully taxes may push people from both sides to hit rest.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County

The fact is there aren't any legal ramifications for their actions. As Shannon stated in the break room, the committee re vote isn't covered in the house rules.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    I am of the belief that the 40% figure also included "Unaffiliated" voters. Nothing to back it up, other than the reception I received while I in that condition.

That's me...unaffiliated because I can't stand pols of either bent sticking their greasy noses where they don't belong.

Well, the camels nose is surely under the tent now and though I personally consider myself more of a centrist/libertarian, these anti-american(through ignorance or malevolent design) gliberal democraps and complicit, sellout republican'ts need to be led then thrown out by their ears. At this point, my principles be damned as I'm willing to sign up as a DIMO or whatever else unpalatable as necessary to affect some positive effing change. If treachery and deceit are where this game will be played henceforth, then I guess things are now bad enough to don the donkey ears and start braying with the rest of the asses. If this is being done in any organized way, let me know 'cause I'm pissed off enough now that I'm willing to enlist.

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    I remember registering for Selective Service, and registering to vote, as soon as I was allowed to. I just thought that that was what everyone did. Of course, I was raised to accept person responsibility too. Crazy times.:rolleyes:

Me too.
    My draft lottery number was 39. :eek:

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    THAT is something the elected officials (who wrote the 40% off) did not think about. Piss the people off ... they will register JUST to vote them out if nothing else.

OH YEAH!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom