• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ok , a hypothetical just occurred to me .

With the veto having been done , the HPRB is back in existence . If the veto were to be over ridden , when would that take effect ? The moment it is over ridden ? End of 2020 MGA session ? Oct 1, 2020 ? Somthing else ?

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    My son got his acknowledgement notice from Stevi Ambrose on Aug. 15, 2018... since then... crickets...

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    They'll be overriding his veto in the next legislative session, so anybody who wants to try to get a permit while the HPRB is still around has until January. There is very little chance of the veto not being overrode, the bill was passed with a veto-proof majority in both chambers of the General Assembly.

As of the senate hearings, there where over 300 applicants waiting for hearings. We’ed be lucky to get through a third of them before January. Even before the bill was voted on MSP was using stall tactics, not allowing the board to have extra hearing dates and restricting the number of applicants for any given date. I find it hard to believe that LL can take the thumb in the eye from Frosh and the rest of the MGA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    As of the senate hearings, there where over 300 applicants waiting for hearings. We’ed be lucky to get through a third of them before January. Even before the bill was voted on MSP was using stall tactics, not allowing the board to have extra hearing dates and restricting the number of applicants for any given date. I find it hard to believe that LL can take the thumb in the eye from Frosh and the rest of the MGA.

It's 'cause he likes it in the eye

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    MSP-LD still has my permit with the wrong (not exact name) of my second business on my permit . Lied when they said they mail it by postmark , they are a bunch of idiots . There I said it .

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'm like literally YEARS past giving an ef if people are shocked and awe'd by me saying fugg the MSP.

They systematically treat people like shit and are commended for doing so.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I'm like literally YEARS past giving an ef if people are shocked and awe'd by me saying fugg the MSP.

They systematically treat people like shit and are commended for doing so.

On the road and on the highway all I have met have been decent , but when you get these angry misfits from the MSP-LD they are not worth much . IMHO

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    On the road and on the highway all I have met have been decent , but when you get these angry misfits from the MSP-LD they are not worth much . IMHO
    Noted. I'm not going to be a dick to a patrol guy over it, no need.

But, I definitely talk shit on the organization as a whole. If you saw the work local LEOs and town cops do up here, there's not much need beyond the chopper for a quasi-military force in Maryland.

The DOT guys are also generally dicks.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Noted. I'm not going to be a dick to a patrol guy over it, no need.

But, I definitely talk shit on the organization as a whole. If you saw the work local LEOs and town cops do up here, there's not much need beyond the chopper for a quasi-military force in Maryland.

The DOT guys are also generally dicks.

We are on the same page , I do agree with your general observation .

EdHershon

Oct 2, 2018
    Annapolis
    He was pressured into it by The Republicans in the GA. If his intention was to veto it from the start he would have announced his intentions and vetoed it before the ink was dry..

That would have been stupid as it would have been overridden in the Special Session on May1. He had to wait until after that. It could have been vetoed anytime after that though.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    If he had planned to veto it, he could have stated his intentions well before they passed it. He knew about the HPRB repeal bills. Same with all of the other proposed infringements. Instead, he was quite possibly investigating his future career opportunities rather than doing his job. Thinking about Larry is the thing he seems to do best.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    If he had planned to veto it, he could have stated his intentions well before they passed it. He knew about the HPRB repeal bills. Same with all of the other proposed infringements. Instead, he was quite possibly investigating his future career opportunities rather than doing his job. Thinking about Larry is the thing he seems to do best.

No, that would have been really stupid.

All the bills where he announced veto (like the school calendar and min wage), the assembly got out of the way early so that they could override while they were in session.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Yeah so.......... don't even try right?

Explain exactly HOW Frosh is in control of the direction of the MSP?

Wrong, I believe in the complete opposite. Stop trying to fight G & S. We need some legislators with real cajones. We need to join the growing group of states with constitutional carry.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Wrong, I believe in the complete opposite. Stop trying to fight G & S. We need some legislators with real cajones. We need to join the growing group of states with constitutional carry.

As long as Maryland's legislature is essentially run by a core of lefty politicians, financiers, and public employee labor union bosses stretched out in a corridor between Baltimore and lower Montgomery County, the only thing that legislators with more cajones would get us is MORE infringement, not less. There is simply no mechanism whereby the state legislature can have more than half of its seats and thus its agenda flipped from the current rabidly anti-gun to somehow pro-2A. It cannot happen. And once Hogan's gone, warts and all, we are guaranteed to have a far-left governor next and into the indefinite future.

It's court battles or nothing.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    As long as Maryland's legislature is essentially run by a core of lefty politicians, financiers, and public employee labor union bosses stretched out in a corridor between Baltimore and lower Montgomery County, the only thing that legislators with more cajones would get us is MORE infringement, not less. There is simply no mechanism whereby the state legislature can have more than half of its seats and thus its agenda flipped from the current rabidly anti-gun to somehow pro-2A. It cannot happen. And once Hogan's gone, warts and all, we are guaranteed to have a far-left governor next and into the indefinite future.

It's court battles or nothing.

I realize it "can't" happen, but as long as they're playing defense there is less time for offense. We've lost the only real 2A members in the MGA and the rest are rino's. Court fights have also gotten us no where. Everyone said the PP would never work and look at the great work they've done. We can't keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    We can't keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

Check out the current SCOTUS docket and the cases that are queued up pending what happens there ... where we have a wildly improved constitutionalist posture, now. We can expect different results when we have a very different mindset across the board in federal courts, appeals courts, and the SCOTUS. That landscape (thanks to those of us who voted for Trump, in many cases entirely for this very reason) has changed dramatically. The prospects of relief through litigation are better than they have been in years.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I realize it "can't" happen, but as long as they're playing defense there is less time for offense. We've lost the only real 2A members in the MGA and the rest are rino's. Court fights have also gotten us no where. Everyone said the PP would never work and look at the great work they've done. We can't keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

Yup

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom