• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Mayberry Game is a nice club. If you decide to try and join they do have work hours that go along with membership. They are looking for workers. If the work credits aren't completed you will ne going to another club. Dues will be due and work credits checked between February and April.

I think I read last night that there is a 20 hour work requirement. Physical and/or mental work isn't a problem for me as long as it isn't during tax season.

I do have some questions though. I have a 10 year old and 7 year old that shoot, and they would be the main reason for me joining a club. My wife shoots on occasion and I have no idea if my 2 year old will shoot or not. I know my 12 year old has no desire to shoot, other than to learn how a gun works. Is the membership for a single person? How does it work with guests and family members?

Just did not see much on the website regarding membership, the facilities, etc. Would like to attend a meeting to meet some people and see what it is like. Will probably shoot sporting clays one day when it starts up in the spring to see what the club is like.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    Hey Fabs---last I heard Mayberry has a waitlist for membership---generally means somebody has to die first---Littlestown membership is open---if you want to check it out stop up on Saturday Feb 8 --sporting clays- on the 2nd and 4th Sturday- bring a shotgun -kids are welcome too. Have a 20 yard pistol range--rifle out to 200 yards and a trap house---they are working on a .22 range too. You can get a dues reduction for work hours but not necessary, seems like a lot of the members use it to sight in a deer rifle once a year and that's about it. I shoot clays there regularly and sometimes come up during the week to shoot trap or use the pistol range. Membership gets you a key card to unlock the roll-back gate. It is a nice club and very underutilized- they are trying to get some "steel" shooting going hoping to bring in some younger shooters.PM me if you want any more info

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Littlestown isn't that bad of a drive either. 36 minutes from me.

First issue I would have is taking NFA items to that range. Have to submit a form to the ATF every time since I am crossing state lines.

Form 20s are good for a year.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Form 20s are good for a year.

Filing them on New Year's Day every year would solve the NFA issue then. Guessing it is pretty simple once I go through it the first time. It might end up being Littlestown then.

Only thing that Mayberry would have over Littlestown is that the rifle range goes to 600 instead of 200. Really want to be able to do some shooting this spring, and it doesn't look like Mayberry will be a possibility with its waitlist.

Think I just had an epiphany. Join Littlestown and get on the Mayberry waitlist. Once I get into Mayberry, then I just stay with both clubs. Always good to have different venues to shoot at, especially since it appears both venues have events on some weekends, and it would be nice to shoot different sporting clays courses.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Hey Fabs---last I heard Mayberry has a waitlist for membership---generally means somebody has to die first---Littlestown membership is open---if you want to check it out stop up on Saturday Feb 8 --sporting clays- on the 2nd and 4th Sturday- bring a shotgun -kids are welcome too. Have a 20 yard pistol range--rifle out to 200 yards and a trap house---they are working on a .22 range too. You can get a dues reduction for work hours but not necessary, seems like a lot of the members use it to sight in a deer rifle once a year and that's about it. I shoot clays there regularly and sometimes come up during the week to shoot trap or use the pistol range. Membership gets you a key card to unlock the roll-back gate. It is a nice club and very underutilized- they are trying to get some "steel" shooting going hoping to bring in some younger shooters.PM me if you want any more info

Not sure I can make it on the 8th because work is getting pretty busy now and I have already carved time out of February for RD's Burger Summit and ERuby's Kloby event. Will try to make it on the 8th though. Shoot me a PM and let me know what time you will be there. Would like to take a look at the place in person.

ironcity

Feb 6, 2013
    Taneytown
    I live in Taneytown and joined Littlestown last year. Use to belong to Jefferson but was too long of a drive. Enjoy it.

MARYLANDJOHN

Mar 29, 2013
    SEVERN MD
    I would be really interested in joining Mayberry myself I went there as a child stayed camping and did a lot of fishing in the pond would love to show this experience to my kids like I had when I was young if anyone could help me as well I would appreciate it thanks

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Filing them on New Year's Day every year would solve the NFA issue then. Guessing it is pretty simple once I go through it the first time. It might end up being Littlestown then.

Only thing that Mayberry would have over Littlestown is that the rifle range goes to 600 instead of 200. Really want to be able to do some shooting this spring, and it doesn't look like Mayberry will be a possibility with its waitlist.

Think I just had an epiphany. Join Littlestown and get on the Mayberry waitlist. Once I get into Mayberry, then I just stay with both clubs. Always good to have different venues to shoot at, especially since it appears both venues have events on some weekends, and it would be nice to shoot different sporting clays courses.
    You don't have to do it on New Years. You could do June 1-May 31 or whatever works for you.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    You don't have to do it on New Years. You could do June 1-May 31 or whatever works for you.

Yes, I realize that. Kind of like I did not have to file my Form 1 on New Year's day. Being an attorney, it is just easier for me to calendar. Filing Form 5320.20 on New Year's Day would just be simpler since I am rarely every shooting my NFA items during the winter. If I am a month or so late, then so be it.

Now, here is a question I do not know the answer to. Let's say I file February 1, 2020, can I re-file on January 1, 2021 to cover myself until December 31, 2021? What happens if I file another Form 5320.20 before the one year has expired on the previous request?

Molon.labe

May 13, 2020
    Baltimore md
    I'm a member and past president and could possibly assist you. Haven't been to a regular meeting in a while since I've been dealing with health issues with both of my parents the last couple years and the death of my mother last June.
    I am a combat veteran, I am looking to join or become a member there. I don’t mind volunteering, or helping, I also teach stop the bleed and HQL/CCW and some other tactical classes. I’d be willing donate money too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom