• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I'm sorry I'm from the "Leave No Trace" camp, especially on public land. I would think this would be first come first served after all that work building a tree stand. It seems odd to me...?
    That's because you're not a bastard coated, with bastard filling, nor are you a moron.

Many people suck, and are stupid, horses-asses.

Why is there a label on hair dryer cords, that shows a person in a bathtub holding the hair dryer, with a red circle and slash trough it.

:sad20:

planktonadbc

Jun 20, 2013
    Harpers Ferry
    Way to speak your mind...I have only hunted in PA with a mobile treestand. I guess the only method I would build a permanent tree stand that wouldn't damage the tree would be the method I seen used commonly by the adventure park. My kids like to climb and zip line they been to the one here is Harpers Ferry and Sandy Spring. (Two 4x4s compressed by 36 inch lag bolts to the trunk) Not nailing into the tree. Before my wife and I moved into our house the previous owner built a stand by nailing into 3 small oak trees growing close together. It killed all 3 trees started to wrap around the 2x4s, it was falling down...I had to cut the trees down.

That's because you're not a bastard coated, with bastard filling, nor are you a moron.

Many people suck, and are stupid, horses-asses.

Why is there a label on hair dryer cords, that shows a person in a bathtub holding the hair dryer, with a red circle and slash trough it.

:sad20:

Attachments

• 20180707_104031.jpg
      20180707_104031.jpg
      180.1 KB · Views: 118

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    It happens.

People haul in stands and do not want to truck them out at night, when they plan to hunt the next day. They think they are saving themselves some work, not realizing they could be impacting others.

The offenders are then faced with the choice of a lost stand, or a littering fine.

Yeah, this year I found this 60 yards in to public land from private property. I’d put good odds that the stand was out there by the owner of the private property (maybe not, but fishy it is that close to the private property).

Late season last year I saw a similar (not same, different color) stand opposite side of the park, about 100ys from private property, also in Patuxent Park).

Annoys the hell out of me. Can’t tell me they are putting those up and taking them down same day.

Attachments

• 8E83E433-37EC-431D-A132-D7AB7E8F1F59.jpg
      8E83E433-37EC-431D-A132-D7AB7E8F1F59.jpg
      186.7 KB · Views: 106

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    ^Use the stand! Last year I found a very sturdy and fairly recently constructed home made stand on a public land spot that I really wanted to hunt. No one else was around so I climbed up in it and killed a deer about an hour later!

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    how do you deal w/ a stand thats stolen off private property? i had one stolen last year off private property. i lost the desire to hunt any more that year...

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    ^Use the stand! Last year I found a very sturdy and fairly recently constructed home made stand on a public land spot that I really wanted to hunt. No one else was around so I climbed up in it and killed a deer about an hour later!

It was right where I was planning to setup. I mean, I ended up with a nice 5-pt elsewhere that evening. So I am fine in the end.

I did briefly consider either climbing up it or setting up by it anyway. I had run in to a couple of hunters headed up the path from there 20 minutes and about 200yds up trail from it. They mentioned they were coming back in the afternoon after lunch. Probably not their stand and neither of them were probably in it that morning.

But I figured, who knows and better to leave it alone. Last thing I wanted was some self entitled A-hole hunter who did own the stand coming by and seeing me in their stand. Even if they are the A-hole who setup it up and left it on public land. Or a DNR officer. “Gee officer, it sure isn’t mine”

RobSky

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Anne Arundel
    Yeah, this year I found this 60 yards in to public land from private property. I’d put good odds that the stand was out there by the owner of the private property (maybe not, but fishy it is that close to the private property).

Late season last year I saw a similar (not same, different color) stand opposite side of the park, about 100ys from private property, also in Patuxent Park).

Annoys the hell out of me. Can’t tell me they are putting those up and taking them down same day.

I found a similar stand on public land, called DNR and stand was removed in less than a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom