• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RossL

Dec 29, 2015
    I just wanted to give Patty and Michael a quick shout out and thank you today for your time. Patty was very friendly and really knew her stuff about the AGC range. She answered everyone's questions, walked the range with us, and even assisted with our group in getting a range badge the same day after they closed! It was really nice to go to the range for the first time and feel welcomed as opposed to an outsider.

If you are looking for a club or group, this group seems great so far!

Thanks again Monumental! My wife and I are going to try to get out there tomorrow morning for some rimfire fun :)

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I just wanted to give Patty and Michael a quick shout out and thank you today for your time. Patty was very friendly and really knew her stuff about the AGC range. She answered everyone's questions, walked the range with us, and even assisted with our group in getting a range badge the same day after they closed! It was really nice to go to the range for the first time and feel welcomed as opposed to an outsider.

If you are looking for a club or group, this group seems great so far!

Thanks again Monumental! My wife and I are going to try to get out there tomorrow morning for some rimfire fun :)

:thumbsup: Monumental are good people. Welcome:D

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    You are welcome Ross! We, and by we I mean all the officers of Monumental, like to hear we are doing a good job. I am glad that Mary Anne Cramer was able to stick around to process your AGC application for a range badge. Sometimes the stars do align and we can get members fully badged in one day.

I am happy to hear you will be coming out tomorrow for the smallbore league shoot. I know Chuck Ramser and the regulars will make you feel at home and that you will have a good time. I will probably be around (I have some pistols to sight in) so I may stop by.

As we tell all of our members, please take advantage of all the club events and AGC events that you can.

Thanks again for the kudos!

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Patty should be banned from acg. She is no friend of the 2a. Look at the handgun permit review board threads

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That is a very unfair and untrue statement. The handgun review board will often agree with a MSP ruling because they (MSP) got it right. Not every Tom Dick and Harry deserves a concealed permit or a HQL. You are smoking some bad rope!

Lew--Ranger63
    Korea, Vietnam (2), Germany

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Patty should be banned from acg. She is no friend of the 2a. Look at the handgun permit review board threads

You are entitled to your opinion but I would suggest you get to know the person first rather than judge them on one facet of their lives.

RossL

Dec 29, 2015
    I don't get involved in politics. I only know that the 3 hours I spent with Patty were nothing but friendly, welcoming, and positive. And definitely pro 2A :)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    That is a very unfair and untrue statement. The handgun review board will often agree with a MSP ruling because they (MSP) got it right. Not every Tom Dick and Harry deserves a concealed permit or a HQL. You are smoking some bad rope! Lew--Ranger63 Korea, Vietnam (2), Germany

She is also instructed to operate inside of certain parameters. If the HPRB starts ignoring G&S, they will be operating outside of MD law and will be replaced. Thinking that just because people who are Pro-2A are on the board that all of a sudden Maryland law will change is stupid. We have to change that through the GA. We have arguably the most anti-2A AG, and a veto-proof anti-2A GA. Eating our own when you don't understand the game or the roles of the players does not help.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I don't get involved in politics. I only know that the 3 hours I spent with Patty were nothing but friendly, welcoming, and positive. And definitely pro 2A :)

As Patty states in her club orientation, we are all here to shoot in a safe manner and to enjoy the company of fellow shooters. We are tolerant of all aspects and persuasions of the 2A supporters that make up the members of Monumental, other AGC clubs, the AGC, MSRPA, MSI, and MDS not to mention those who do not belong to the various 2A and firearms organizations.

As Teratos and others have stated, we are all working towards making Maryland more accepting of the right to carry and each have a role to play. It is a hard enough battle in and of itself without each of us turning on each other.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County

Well said. Never mind the apologists who will trade their principles to preserve personal friendships and political correctness.

Like you, some of us here do have backbones and principles. Other members of that board have no issue finding their yes button, and have no issues not kissing MSP rear sides.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Well said. Never mind the apologists who will trade their principles to preserve personal friendships and political correctness.

Like you, some of us here do have backbones and principles. Other members of that board have no issue finding their yes button, and have no issues not kissing MSP rear sides.

Not how I see it. I have not traded any principles. I have never agreed with any of the MD gun laws. I can, however, see further than 1 step ahead. This is chess, not Connect 4.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater

If you base your opinion solely on some of last year's HPRB meeting threads, you will find posts that support your position. I read those posts, too, and formed a less than positive opinion without ever having met the person. But I had the chance to meet and work with Patty at a work party at AGC, and I've watched what she has contributed to the HPRB, and I have changed my opinion based on my personal observations.

I've been attending the meetings for the past few months and I can assure you that she is voting with the board to overturn a lot of MSP restrictions, along with the other board members. Please consider attending one of the meetings to see how this process works. This last meeting was nothing short of amazing when they overturned MSP's restrictions voted to grant MXRider an unrestricted permit. History was being made and it was awesome to watch.

RossL

Dec 29, 2015
    Can we please take the inflammatory comments to another thread. I met Patty, spent a few hours with her learning about AGC and Monumental and had a good time. My first impressions were very positive and I wanted to thank them.

So again, please be respectful and take the negative remarks to another thread or to the WC.

Thanks

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Patty is a very nice person (and makes a mean pancake) The members of the review board are only there to make sure the MSP follows the State's ******** laws and doesn't deny someone who actually qualifies. I wish they could make this state shall issue, but that's not how it works. Our only option is to change the legislature. We all saw what happened to the board member that was overtly pro 2A, he was not confirmed.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Patty is a very nice person (and makes a mean pancake) The members of the review board are only there to make sure the MSP follows the State's ******** laws and doesn't deny someone who actually qualifies. I wish they could make this state shall issue, but that's not how it works. Our only option is to change the legislature. We all saw what happened to the board member that was overtly pro 2A, he was not confirmed.

:thumbsup:

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I'm not going to weigh in on this, but I will say this. I don't think someone being a "nice person" is the crux of the issues. This may be the wrong thread to voice one's displeasure with someone, but being a "nice person" was never questioned. I'm sure Brian Frosh is a nice person outside of politics as well as Bernie Sanders, but their application and interpretation of freedoms is f'ed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom