• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Well done and let’s remember that this is only the beginning of what will surely be a long battle for our rights that our children will take up and continue. Rack, you did good . All the others at the NRA headquarters with Rack are truly freedom fighters!! My pleasure to stand up with all of you for what rights we have that have be granted to us by the almighty God!

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Thanks to all for their encouragement and support!

There are yet more interesting aspects to the trial that are still in my notes and I look forward to writing them up here. But before I pack it in for the day, I have a few takeaways that I think are worthwhile to go over.

For several years now, police agencies have snuck up on us with this new version of "safety" in the public square. Remember the protests and dire warnings when the Burea of Land Management put up those "First Amendment Area" cattle pens at the Bundy Ranch when there was a confrontation there-later ruled a government overreach? For a while so many were adamant that this "mission creep" by LE be checked. The cops replied "safety above all else!" They said "officer safety!" takes priority.

What it meant was law enforcement was investing in barricades, and training up on "safety zones". Mechanically, the process works great: use fencing to literally and physically separate points of view in public spaces.

And the police would say, "no foul, we ALLOW opposing groups close enough to each other that they can read each other's signs and they can hear each side yelling their point of view."

And as we heard from the witness stand today, the officer who arrested me said "we set it up so that we can send the news media back and forth [across our No Man's Land] so that each side gets equal time". Oh, please.

And then there's this: the government declares that fencing off demonstrators from each other is the most EFFECTIVE way to keep cops (government employees) from being injured, or worse.

Effective, certainly, but is it legal? The answer is NO. The government DOES NOT HAVE THE RIGHT to create political cattle pens in the public square just because it serves THE GOVERNMENT'S PURPOSES.

That's why this case is so important. On August 4th at the NRA headquarters, the Fairfax County government kept decent, peaceable citizens from mingling with their political opponents to debate, or even be exposed to some up-close-and-personal shaming, taunts and cursing. The Fairfax County Police "Commanders" told me and our Patriot Picket crew leaders that "it was for our own good", and because officers could not risk being hurt in the public square.

So.... did my "Not Guilty" verdict today have an impact going forward? The answer is yes, when you factor in that the officer who arrested me was Fairfax County's top "Civil Disturbance" Incident Commander. He will carry the message back to his Incident Command Post that barricading opposing groups is NOT legal in every instance, just to make it "easier to manage". When he sees the Patriot Picket coming he will know that we fight for the right to peacefully be in public spaces and are willing to be arrested to prove it.

That's a key takeaway, because in these turbulent times the NRA headquarters will continue to be the focal point of protests and counter demonstrations.

That means will be there too, and we know our rights.

Attachments

• 7112A469-92F2-4B21-92A6-3271D2685462.jpeg
      7112A469-92F2-4B21-92A6-3271D2685462.jpeg
      75.5 KB · Views: 409
    • CC7750BC-2B88-49A4-B381-E6833158488A.jpeg
      CC7750BC-2B88-49A4-B381-E6833158488A.jpeg
      105.6 KB · Views: 389
    • 4D018E12-1C8A-42C6-80EC-5BF9856EB644.jpeg
      4D018E12-1C8A-42C6-80EC-5BF9856EB644.jpeg
      75.3 KB · Views: 397
    • F86A73D1-61D9-4AB1-836A-AA03FD2098B8.jpeg
      F86A73D1-61D9-4AB1-836A-AA03FD2098B8.jpeg
      98.2 KB · Views: 414
    Last edited:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    That's why this case is so important. On August 4th at the NRA headquarters, the Fairfax County government kept decent, peaceable citizens from mingling with their political opponents to debate, or even be exposed to some up-close-and-personal shaming, taunts and cursing. The Fairfax County Police "Commanders" told me and our Patriot Picket crew leaders that "it was for our own good", and because officers could not risk being hurt in the public square.

So.... did my "Not Guilty" verdict today have an impact going forward? The answer is yes, when you factor in that the officer who arrested me was Fairfax County's top "Civil Disturbance" Incident Commander. He will carry the message back to his Incident Command Post that barricading opposing groups is NOT legal in every instance, just to make it "easier to manage". When he sees the Patriot Picket coming he will know that we fight for the right to peacefully be in public spaces and are willing to be arrested to prove it.

That's a key takeaway, because in these turbulent times the NRA headquarters will continue to be the focal point of protests and counter demonstrations.

Just the slightest bit of research on the PP should have indicated that you all are a nonviolent collection of individuals that calmly engage others primarily on 2A issues. In fact, in front of the NRA headquarters, pretty sure there are pictures of a PP candle vigil displaying signs with the names of the Orlando nightclub shooting victims.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Thanks to all for their encouragement and support!

There are yet more interesting aspects to the trial that are still in my notes and I look forward to writing them up here. But before I pack it in for the day, I have a few takeaways that I think are worthwhile to go over.

For several years now, police agencies have snuck up on us with this new version of "safety" in the public square. Remember the protests and dire warnings when the Burea of Land Management put up those "First Amendment Area" cattle pens at the Bundy Ranch when there was a confrontation there-later ruled a government overreach? For a while so many were adamant that this "mission creep" by LE be checked. The cops replied "safety above all else!" They said "officer safety!" takes priority.

What it meant was law enforcement was investing in barricades, and training up on "safety zones". Mechanically, the process works great: use fencing to literally and physically separate points of view in public spaces.

And the police would say, "no foul, we ALLOW opposing groups close enough to each other that they can read each other's signs and they can hear each side yelling their point of view."

And as we heard from the witness stand today, the officer who arrested me said "we set it up so that we can send the news media back and forth [across our No Man's Land] so that each side gets equal time". Oh, please.

And then there's this: the government declares that fencing off demonstrators from each other is the most EFFECTIVE way to keep cops (government employees) from being injured, or worse.

Effective, certainly, but is it legal? The answer is NO. The government DOES NOT HAVE THE RIGHT to create political cattle pens in the public square just because it serves THE GOVERNMENT'S PURPOSES.

Your perseverance, dedication and tenacity is very encouraging and inspiring.
    Keep you head held high knowing that there are throngs of supporters both contributing financially and spiritually behind the scenes. Just when I think I am fading, growing disgusted with our local politics and civil rights violations, I see you doing this while still handling your own challenges. You lend inspiration and energy to many!

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    as was asked before the hearing, earlier in this thread, will there be a suit against the police for their actions being improper?

Congrats Rack, this was clearly a bad arrest. I would encourage a lawsuit as well. Illegal arrest and violation of constitutional rights...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Congrats Rack, this was clearly a bad arrest. I would encourage a lawsuit as well. Illegal arrest and violation of constitutional rights...

We knew that Fairfax County Police would be monitoring our posts here leading up the the court case yesterday.

It appears the dismissal chances went out the window because they saw encouragement here in the thread to sue them if it was dismissed. That probably explains the move on the prosecutor’s part to push this to a trial.

Now that we have won, YES, Fairfax County, in my view, deserves a lawsuit sandwich. I will update as we go...

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I want these helpful donors to take a bow:

Here are is the Donors List: (to be updated again this week)

(C) is a cash donation, all others are checks and USPS Money Orders.

CYPHERPUNK (C)
    RACK&ROLL (C)
    LAQ
    DANIMALW
    IRONPONY
    MrED
    ART3
    SUNDAZES
    HOTDOG
    SMKRANZ
    ARAY
    FRED2207
    SHAFTED
    BIGGFOOT44
    RG
    DC-W
    WIN296
    BEOBILL
    DAVETAYLOR
    RAINEMAN
    HODGEPODGE
    RW
    IRONEYE
    STOVEMAN (C)
    RSEYMOREJR
    SUNDAZES
    GLARON
    KENPO33
    anonymous MDS member
    BUELLSFURN
    BIKEBREATH
    MIGHTYDOG
    BREWDOC
    GRYPHON
    LIGHT12PDR
    BOB A
    BOBMAN
    DIVINGDRIVER
    GPRIMR1 (C)
    SW6906USER
    NATBOH
    INSPECTOR1489
    CRABCAKESANDFOOTBALL
    FRED55
    JOHNFROMMD
    ANONYMOUS REPEAT DONOR! (BY HIS REQUEST)
    SHAMROCK
    GAMERJIM
    DMC Takoka Park
    RONINMD
    RAMBLING_ONE
    SCOUT6
    WELDER516
    NOT_AN_OUTLAW
    JIMBOY (C)

From the Buellsfurn Fundraiser:
    SUNDAZES
    GLARON
    KENPO333
    ANONYMOUS MDS MEMBER
    44MAN. (C)
    BUELLSFURN

Some folks did not include their screen name in their envelopes. I have put up initials instead, so contact me to switch out the initials for your screen name if you wish.

Last edited:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Actually, our Donor List will have some MORE names added over the next couple of days when Donations Trustee Cypherpunk goes to his P.O. Box.

We know that some of your envelopes arrived AFTER the last official tally, so we will take care to post an updated list here soon. So thanks EVERYONE!

I am in talks with MSI to see if they can host the Ed Leary Legal Defense Fund going forward.

Once that happens, there will be a committee that can review cases where individual firearms owners are arrested on what appear to be bogus charges to see if we as a community can help.

Last edited:

Outerlimits

Feb 21, 2009
    Port Tobacco/Cape Coral Fl
    Great Victory Jeff. Sorry you had to defend yourself for actions that were not against the law. I have a feeling this is just a bump in the road for the Fairfaix Police Dept. Its seems the ends justify the means....even if its unconstitutional.
    Thanks for allowing me to help.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Great Victory Jeff. Sorry you had to defend yourself for actions that were not against the law. I have a feeling this is just a bump in the road for the Fairfaix Police Dept. Its seems the ends justify the means....even if its unconstitutional.

Thanks for allowing me to help.

Seeing your check arrive from more than a thousand miles away really boosted our spirits here in the Donations Bunker! Thank you !

I think, and my attorney agrees, that Fairfax County authorities are now on notice that police lines, however well intentioned, are subject to the statute that describes emergencies like fire scenes, crime scenes, vehicle accidents, actual riots and weather disasters.

Any other reason and FFX County is treading on thin ice!

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    And when you think about it, FFX County doesn’t have any history of needing demonstration/protest police lines outside of Waples Mill Road, which is of course the headquarters for the NRA.

It might not be a bad idea to take my “Not Guilty” certified court document and blow it up into a 2-foot x 3-foot poster to have with us everytime we make the trip to Fairfax to stand up for the NRA in front of their HQ.

(And the crowd cheered wildly)

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    And when you think about it, FFX County doesn’t have any history of needing demonstration/protest police lines outside of Waples Mill Road, which is of course the headquarters for the NRA.

It might not be a bad idea to take my “Not Guilty” certified court document and blow it up into a 2-foot x 3-foot poster to have with us everytime we make the trip to Fairfax to stand up for the NRA in front of their HQ.

(And the crowd cheered wildly)

Hell, I'll even pay for the sign--make it bigger if you want...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I wouldn’t put it past FCPD to lobby the VGA to add political rallies in the police line statute. But that would be clearly unconstitutional.

Thank God the VGA is still Republican / Pro Constitution.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Forwarding a check from LowOnCash today. He purchased 2 MDS Challenge coins and added some extra for the legal defense fund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom