• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Why would he need to carry a handgun in a liquor store in Baltimore? Liquor stores never get robbed. All he really needs is a double barrel shotgun. If he would see people who looked like they were gonna rob him, just fire 2 shots into the air. Then when the police show up to ask you tips on becoming an urban commando, just tell em Smokin' Joe told ya.

Move to rural Coastal NC.....OC is pretty common here. No one gets whacked in the head and gets their gun stolen.

I'm not against open carry, but for me and in my neighborhood I think concealed is better. I don't hear as well as I use to, it would be possible for someone to come up behind me. I often look back to check when I am walking. Yea, I'm working on moving out of here

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    I live just south of Towson inside the city line in a well-to-do neighborhood. The local shopping center has an employee who works for an upscale liquor store (Wells Market) who parades around in broad daylight with a high caliber handgun displayed open carry, frequently walking to other stores in the center to get his lunch (pizza parlor, with kids present during the day). I have no problem with a concealed weapons permit (I am a gun owner), but this does not seem appropriate. I have been unable to find anything regarding the law in this regard.

"Parading"? Really? You're a gun owner? Really? Tell us about your gun please. And how did you determine the parader's handgun is high caliber? What constitutes "high caliber"? Is it the muzzle velocity of the projectile, is it the muzzle energy or is it how scary the gun looks to gun banners?

Maybe if more people saw guys carrying guns openly and seeing that nothing bad happens just because a citizen is armed we wouldn't be fighting a tidal wave of ignorance that's threatening to wash away our rights.

For example, the OP saw a guy open carrying and sought more information about it. Imagine if others saw the guy and also inquired. Each one could potentially be an ally.

You're right on that, the guy in question is working security for Wells Liquors store, open carry makes it clear to would be robber that armed security is on site. Walgreens and a Rite Aid are located in the same shopping center, both are/have been A&R 'ed usually by a junkie with a bloody syringe. Wells has not been targeted that I know of.

My guess is he has the great coveted MD carry lisc, otherwise going off of Well's property would be a no-no. He probably knows all the local cops ( he may be one working pt at Wells, or is a retired cop), and they don't care if he open carries.

If Wells is in the same place it has been since I was a wee tot, then I know the location. I will probably now have a dream where I am open carrying half naked at the nearby Giant food store.

I do believe the location is the county, but I can't remember the actual spot of the county line at that spot. It's close!

Giant is in the county, Wells is in the City. Schwarz Ave. is the line mostly, but I think it cuts the parking lot.

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    Most likely, he's an off duty cop. They used to have a ton of them working there and I knew a few.

djleepanda

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 10, 2011
    Elkridge
    Move to rural Coastal NC.....OC is pretty common here. No one gets whacked in the head and gets their gun stolen.

Yep. I had a condo out in Atlantic Beach NC right after my enlistment in the Corps. I used to open carry all the time, you can even have the gun loaded in the car while driving, as long as it is in plain sight(I used to set it on the dash board with a white paper underneath it).

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Yep. I had a condo out in Atlantic Beach NC right after my enlistment in the Corps. I used to open carry all the time, you can even have the gun loaded in the car while driving, as long as it is in plain sight(I used to set it on the dash board with a white paper underneath it).

Mine usually rides on the passenger seat. I don't seat belt it in, though. In my wife's mini van, it rides on the center console.

(I'm carrying right now.)

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I thought that a ccw in Maryland was only for concealed carry ?

I think that is more of an unwritten bullying thing by the MSP. but it also could be like not using your seat belt or speeding. You may get away with it as you pass 100 LEO'S until you get to the one LEO that will stop you.

I personally don't like OC but the fact that he is doing OC all the time will get people he comes in contact with accustomed to see others besides LEO's carry. That's a good thing in Maryland.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    That guy is probably police working side job. Probably not a good idea to advertise, I don't understand the open carry idea. If I were the bad guy, I'd whack him in the back of the head and take his gun.
    Concealed carry makes sense to me.

If hes an off duty officer, open carry makes sense to him. All day at work, every time he goes to court, etc. Its natural for him to wear it.

Blake_7.62

Oct 17, 2010
    "Parading around with a high caliber handgun?" So you stopped and asked him what caliber his piece was right? What is a high caliber anyway to you, 9, 45, 50? There were children around and it's inappropriate? How is it inappropriate? PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME

Haha I was thinking the same thing. Did he also have a "massive ammunition" magazine in too? This guy seems like a real MSNBC watcher.

Blake_7.62

Oct 17, 2010
    I think that is more of an unwritten bullying thing by the MSP. but it also could be like not using your seat belt or speeding. You may get away with it as you pass 100 LEO'S until you get to the one LEO that will stop you.

I personally don't like OC but the fact that he is doing OC all the time will get people he comes in contact with accustomed to see others besides LEO's carry. That's a good thing in Maryland.

Yes Sir!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom