• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I have NEVER seen so many posts in one thread coming from people with less than 50 posts.

I think the FBI should investigate. Maybe they could handle this type of investigation without screwing it up to badly......

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It's deer season. There are a lot of 'jacked up' deer hunters reading. I'm glad some new oldies are joining in on the conversation instead of just sitting back, reading.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I swear to God this is the longest thread I ever started. Didn’t see that coming!

Give it some more time. This sucker might catch up to Lee2's "Do you change your own oil" thread that is at 10 or 11 pages for me. This one here is at 9 pages. We just might get there with more posts regarding how appropriate a 50 BMG is for hunting. That rifle works fine on killing humans, but God forbid you should use it on a deer. Let's stir this sucker up some more.

03flhtcui

Jun 24, 2013
    common sense

WTF is up with all these 'sleeper cell' posts?

My post was just common sense, just because you have a 50BMG you certainly would not hunt deer with it, not even our 250+ lb bucks. Sorry, I love the gun but it's a foolish choice for deer hunting, but I admit, i'd still love to have that gun.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    My post was just common sense, just because you have a 50BMG you certainly would not hunt deer with it, not even our 250+ lb bucks. Sorry, I love the gun but it's a foolish choice for deer hunting, but I admit, i'd still love to have that gun.
    Agree, it's a foolish choice for deer hunting.

There was another guy who joined several years back and NEVER posted until this thread and made 4 very negative posts (since deleted by the Mods).

Yours really wasn't that negative and I guessed I just bristled.

I apologize for that.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009

And as I have said before, there is nothing illegal about it. It isn't the wisest choice of weapon for hunting deer, but it will get the job done. Heavy as heck to lug around in the woods. Ammo is really costly. It will do a ton of damage to the deer, and the list goes on. However, it sure as heck will kill the deer humanely. This is as bad as the discussions about whether .223 Rem is ethical for hunting deer. Again, not my cartridge of choice, but not illegal either and plenty of people swear by the cartridge. Some even swear by .22lr for whitetails, but that is illegal here in Maryland. This really comes down to personal preference and the freedom of choice. Maybe the guy using the 50 BMG thinks you are under gunned for deer.

I have a question for you, where the heck are you hunting in Maryland that you run into 250+ pound bucks?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Give it some more time. This sucker might catch up to Lee2's "Do you change your own oil" thread that is at 10 or 11 pages for me. This one here is at 9 pages. We just might get there with more posts regarding how appropriate a 50 BMG is for hunting. That rifle works fine on killing humans, but God forbid you should use it on a deer. Let's stir this sucker up some more.

:lol:

That was directed at your first comment.

Yeah, all this chest thumping about the .50 BMG not being an appropriate hunting round is making my eyes go crossed. Nowhere in that video did Mr. Warren promote that gun as a perfect deer hunting weapon. Personally, I never saw an attempt at making a point to using that rifle, other than to say, "looky what I can do". The whole video is pointless as far as I'm concerned. I think that kinda goes without saying. Kinda like the nurse thread. EVERYBODY agreed, the cop was a dick. It's all the minutiae that everyone gets hung up on. I guess I'm done here (fat chance).

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    :lol:

That was directed at your first comment.

Yeah, all this chest thumping about the .50 BMG not being an appropriate hunting round is making my eyes go crossed. Nowhere in that video did Mr. Warren promote that gun as a perfect deer hunting weapon. Personally, I never saw an attempt at making a point to using that rifle, other than to say, "looky what I can do". The whole video is pointless as far as I'm concerned. I think that kinda goes without saying. Kinda like the nurse thread. EVERYBODY agreed, the cop was a dick. It's all the minutiae that everyone gets hung up on. I guess I'm done here (fat chance).

You think you are done, but this is like a car wreck, train wreck, or plane wreck, where you keep coming back to see people debate about whether the oil analysis gives us any information regarding why the wreck happened.

Come on people, we can crack 10 pages tonight.

What is the lowest level cartridge, measured by energy at the muzzle, one should use for deer?

Let's address the other spectrum. What is the highest level cartridge, measured by energy at the muzzle, one should use for deer?

Kerosene, gasoline, propane, jet fuel

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You think you are done, but this is like a car wreck, train wreck, or plane wreck, where you keep coming back to see people debate about whether the oil analysis gives us any information regarding why the wreck happened.

Come on people, we can crack 10 pages tonight.

What is the lowest level cartridge, measured by energy at the muzzle, one should use for deer?

Let's address the other spectrum. What is the highest level cartridge, measured by energy at the muzzle, one should use for deer?

Kerosene, gasoline, propane, jet fuel
    Yer rollin!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    " I have a question for you, where the heck are you hunting in Maryland that you run into 250+ pound bucks? "

Thats one question that's likely not going to be answered, but Ill give a hint to a few places,:innocent0 Draw bridge and Decoursey for sure. Aries Rd. and the cripples along the Nanticoke. Not very often, but they show up from time to time.
    Thats why Im going to get a 50 BMG. I can use Rt 50 to get to where I can use it. Itll be 50/50 until the deeds done all the way though.:)

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I agree, that is not hunting that is target practice with a live animal

Oh tell me great Sage, what does the caliber have to do with it?

Oh by the way, how did you come upon this thread seeing that this is your second post? Just curious.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Oh tell me great Sage, what does the caliber have to do with it?

Oh by the way, how did you come upon this thread seeing that this is your second post? Just curious.
    :sad20:

Attachments

• IMG_0357.jpg
      IMG_0357.jpg
      127 KB · Views: 90

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Meh. 'Management Hunt' - aka Population Control.

Dick move to try tag one with a .50BMG? Could be argued.

On the flip side though, all the meat is intact and edible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom