Home defense... how do you keep your gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Of course. I was just funnin' with ya.

Soooooo, what’s your opinion of keeping your HD shotgun in a scabbard?

Alas, I’m scabbardless at the moment. My shotgun rests on a soft case beneath my side of the bed, locked/loaded with the tang safety on.

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    Teach those young'uns as early as possible. I did. When they became inquisitive, I'd use that as a teaching moment. My youngest, starting shooting at the age of 4 years old. The others didn't start until they were 7. But he also rode his bike without training wheels just after he turned 3 years old.

During this entire time, if they wanted to see any of my firearms, I'd make time to have a one on one teaching experience with whatever firearm they wanted to see. So for them, a firearm wasn't some mystical, magical toy for them. It was not to be taken lightly. Not one of my kids ever tried to get a firearm out of the safe on their own.

Look at the recent news stories where a young person was home alone and they knew what to do with a firearm. That's the type of teaching we need for our children. Then having a loaded firearm in and around the house is not a big deal to them.

Just one man's opinion.

I agree with this 100%. It's the same view I have on alcohol. If you forbid it, you make it some mystical, magical thing that they'll want to try on their own. If you're open about it and teach your kids about it yourself, they'll learn to respect it and use it responsibly (whether it's alcohol or firearms). Better for everyone involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom