• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yotaboy24

Mar 12, 2009
    If we're not allowed to be there this will be the lowest move I can think of. Total dog $hit.

RedWolf762

Jan 18, 2013
    Freedom
    I think we need to make every effort to try and get Fox News out here, even if O doesn't show, but if he does he may be deterred from exercising such mafia style muscle by national news cameras.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Would he come up here to just to squash our rally and hearing? Or is it just a "possible" visit....showoff to the gun grabbers what a great job People's Republic Chairman O'Malley is doing....

RLBosley

In Christ Alone
    Dec 14, 2012
    Middle River
    If SS brands us "hostile" on the spot they can order us away from anywhere Obama decides to be... Including but not limited to OUR STATE HOUSE!
    This is a new low for OMalley AND Obama!:mad54:

USSS security protocols would limit who is permitted within their security perimeter for the VIP involved. If Obama visited either Lawyers Mall out the State Senate building, it could throw a monkey wrench into the process of signing in for and delivering testimony to the hearing.

ETA: these are my thoughts based on a visit Bush made to my company headquarters years ago and the security checks we had to go through to even sit in the bleachers in our warehouse.

Wouldn't this only be a problem if the rally turns openly hostile? How can they seriously declare a crowd of over 1k people (Likely) and force us out? I think that's a bit far fetched even for this gov.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    So, I don't understand, How could POTUS showing up stop the rally/hearing?

Area lockdown. I lived in NY and nj and I have seen it a few times.

While in transit all traffic stops. If he moves through its just temporary. If he stays put it could be an issue. Never seen that myself.

Could be nothing but a pass through, but even at that if you are blocked you may not be able to sign in in time.

If he does testify ( I think that is not likely ) the room at least will be cleared during that time.. You can also expect background check on anyone that attends or signs in.. Not a big deal by itself, but its all part of the we know who you are vibe that he likes to pretend he is not giving off, and we pretend not to notice.

It really would be amazing if the president testified at a state hearing... that would get coverage,. Maybe someone will ask if he plans to run for governor of MD ?

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008

"VIP Notice - Annapolis Maryland."

Notice Number: NOTC4556

Notice: Expect VIP movement February 06, 2013 in the vicinity of Annapolis, Maryland. Pilots can expect airspace restrictions in conjunction with this VIP movement.........

You have a way of "proving" this. Trying to get word out....

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    The Prez sked is normally classified, and planned well in advance. I believe this is just a ploy to keep pro-2A folks away. Just my 2c. We go as planned.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Would he come up here to just to squash our rally and hearing? Or is it just a "possible" visit....showoff to the gun grabbers what a great job People's Republic Chairman O'Malley is doing....

My guess is that its a passthrough. I really would be a PR blunder of the first order to pull this. First its the only way we will ever get national media to notice..Second given that the narrative is already fragmenting why do they need yet another side show.

The story in NY the story in CT. The side show about the publication of permit holders ( the story about thefts and stolen guns)

If we are the special interest then why do they need to disrupt our peaceful lobbying efforts?

I hope it does not happen, but if it does there will be
    Coverage at least after the fact.. and it will help the cause.

Hard to claim you are doing the peoples work and then kick them out ...

And it will create a court challenge even before we reach constitutional questions.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    This looks to be a real visit. I work at Calvert Cliffs and when Bush2 paid us a visit it was announced, on-site, a week in advance and we had a major spruce up. They also dug a MG pit and manned it with a .50 on the access road to the plant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom