• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I have been seeing some good reviews on the B&T GHM9. Talked to a friend who has shot 1 who really like it. Notice they have made some changes to the feed ramp for hollow points and truncated rounds. Believe I'll be getting 1 soon. Anyone else on here familiar with it? Seems B&T refer to it as its scorpion eater lol. Rumors say the GHM stands for grass hopper mouse that actually eat scorpions in the Arizona desert.

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    I have been seeing some good reviews on the B&T GHM9. Talked to a friend who has shot 1 who really like it. Notice they have made some changes to the feed ramp for hollow points and truncated rounds. Believe I'll be getting 1 soon. Anyone else on here familiar with it? Seems B&T refer to it as its scorpion eater lol. Rumors say the GHM stands for grass hopper mouse that actually eat scorpions in the Arizona desert.

Has this been submitted to the roster board yet? Looks to be a very promising platform!
    ETA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnEk9PkMu84

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia

I just watched MAC’s video on it and this gun just jumped to the top of the “what to buy next” list. :D

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Thanks for posting up the video !! I Ordered 1 :-) hopefully I see it in a few days . So far I really like the other B&T guns I picked up! Maybe a apc223 in the future? ? Lol.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Thanks for posting up the video !! I Ordered 1 :-) hopefully I see it in a few days . So far I really like the other B&T guns I picked up! Maybe a apc223 in the future? ? Lol.

Where did you order it from if I may ask?

Please post your thoughts on the gun once you get it.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Where did you order it from if I may ask?

Please post your thoughts on the gun once you get it.

I bought it from here.

http://www.hollowtrailarmory.com/BT?page=6

The guy has treated me very well. I email him telling him what I'm wanting to buy and ask if he can work with me a bit ( I always buy extra mags and such ) and he has always done me right so far .
    As soon as I get it I'll post up my thoughts , and hopefully get to the range soon :-)

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Maybe this is a stupid question but have B&T guns not been approved in MD before? Do we think that this particular gun will not be approved?

Does this take colt magazines or are they proprietary?

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Maybe this is a stupid question but have B&T guns not been approved in MD before? Do we think that this particular gun will not be approved?

Does this take colt magazines or are they proprietary?

Fromantic what I have seen on the board yes there are other B&T guns that have been approved.

The mags are there own. They can be pricy. If you hunt around enough you can find them for $50.00 each. I would bet in the future someone will make copies at a lower price.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    It was like the MPX. Got the pistol when they first came out. ( got it at price I have yet to seen beat since then ) then I got the carbine. Then I saw the k model so that went in the collection. So I might as well go for it on the B&T line to lol. Glad they haven't came out with the mcx Rattler yet in .223 ,or I'd be in the poor house .lol

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    The compact version looks like it will have to make it into the collection wants it's available.

Really digging that gun

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Picked up the GHM9 a few days ago. I really like how it feels. It uses the trigger group of the APC9. It has a shorter height receiver than the APC. But it almost 3 inches longer than APC. Fit and finish are excellent! !!!you can definitely feel the hydraulic buffer when pulling the bolt all the way back. The trigger pull feels to be about 4.5 to 5 lbs ish. Nice feel . Love Swiss made guns !!!
    The only negative thing I can say ( it's because in a HK guy from the 80s) is that the clocking of the 3 lug isn't perfectly centered like the APC or a properly done HK would be. Can't wait to shoot it :-)

Attachments

• 20180119_190032.jpg
      20180119_190032.jpg
      57.8 KB · Views: 175

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Sorry for the upside down picture. On my phone it shows right side up. The 3 guns are a APC9, GHM9,and a TP9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom