• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    If you think about it, the 14th Amendment "reaches down" into the state and local levels. The HPRB is supposedly an example of that, even though the proceedings are now a true farce.

Note to self ==> Throw some more retirement $$ to MSI.

Well, in a way, this case does reach down and rely on the 14th Amendment. Recall the the Supreme Court made the 2d Amendment applicable to the States via the Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment because it is a fundamental right. That point is made in the Brief.

Robertjeter

May 11, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Just a note on the costs. I am counsel on the case (I'm on the cover) and I can tell you that that printing costs and shipping costs (to serve) were over $800.00. That is just the cost to have someone print the brief and the Record Extracts in sufficient number of copies and to serve them on opposing counsel. And as we take it up the food chain, those kinds of basic costs get even higher. Don't sit on the sidelines.

Donated. Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Well, in a way, this case does reach down and rely on the 14th Amendment. Recall the the Supreme Court made the 2d Amendment applicable to the States via the Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment because it is a fundamental right. That point is made in the Brief.

And IIRC, didn't SCOTUS just reaffirm applicability of 14A to the states in Timbs earlier this year?

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Case was news to me as well. Made a small donation via website probably money better spent than representation at my HPRB hearing. If you need some printing let me know, my work laser printer is good to go.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Case was news to me as well. Made a small donation via website probably money better spent than representation at my HPRB hearing. If you need some printing let me know, my work laser printer is good to go.

Thanks. Just so you know, we are talking thousands of pages that were filed with all the copies that are required. Plus special binding.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    My printer will print about 1200 pages per cartridge at $48. Not sure about the binding but let me know if I can help. I realize this is only a small part of the expense but I’ll do what I can. Your time and talent are greatly appreciated.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Donated what I could. Thanks for doing the heavy lifting. Having moved away I am no longer subject to MD gun laws but the proper venue for cases like this is in states like MD that remain belligerent to 2A rights.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I recall reading something in a recent NRA email or magazine related to their efforts and support that led to the DC change to shall issue. Is the NRA supporting this effort? If not, is there a way to get their financial backing?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I recall reading something in a recent NRA email or magazine related to their efforts and support that led to the DC change to shall issue. Is the NRA supporting this effort? If not, is there a way to get their financial backing?

I believe NRA is supporting Malpasso, which way ahead of this one as it is in the 4th Circuit.

Escappellate will be along to correct me if I am wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom