What is a business owner for a handgun carry permit in MD?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    A certain percentage of Uber Drivers , generally who do it as side gig instead of main livelihood , decide protect themselves when legal . Thinking along the lines that Uber wouldn't know unless a critical situation occurred, at which point survival would be more important than Uber's displeasure .

I agree with this. Worst case scenario, the person loses a job with Uber/Lyft, but he/she continues to breathe and can seek employment elsewhere. That is a choice that a lot of people must make everyday. Some even have to choose between violating a law and possibly losing their freedom versus carrying against the law to ensure their safety.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm not touching on the " illegal , but alive " context today . But where I have first hand knowledge of such things , the Drivers are totally legal in doing so , and it's only a question of Uber company policy .

MackM

MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2018
    Excellent advice. And then flow some funds (deposits and payments) through a separate checking account in that business name. MSP will want to see that. And give all the info to them up front, even if they don't ask for it. Overwhelm them with documentation so they just give in and issue the permit. And BTW, the permits for business owners will no longer have the restriction "Valid only while conducting business" so that is good!

CBo

Feb 11, 2018
    Columbia
    You would need to have your business registered with maryland, and get a business tax id with a bank account using these for youe business. Pretty sure if you have these, and your business account has regular transactions (hence why they ask for statement), and can show that this business wasnt created solely to obtain a carry permit, you should be good to go.

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    I'm not touching on the " illegal , but alive " context today . But where I have first hand knowledge of such things , the Drivers are totally legal in doing so , and it's only a question of Uber company policy .

Agreed. And said policy is likely made to help as a corporate defense against any liability, should a driver have an incident with a firearm of his possessing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    As a bit of a follow-up to the Uber driving business discussion, a related story from last night in PG county: an Uber (unrelated to the other passenger) passenger picked up after the driver already had a fare ... shot and killed both the driver and his fellow passenger for no obvious reason other than he was high on PCP. Going to go out on a limb and say he didn’t come by that gun legally. Giving rides to strangers is a risky business.

https://wtop.com/prince-georges-cou...fatally-shot-passenger-driver-in-shared-uber/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom