• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    I’m shocked to see the long guns. What are the bangers doing with that SBR with the holo sight? Drive bys? Shit be cray. Stay frosty.

Not being a nit picker. You did make me think though. The ones I see are AR Pistols. With padded buffer tubes no less. I didn’t spot a brace either.

I’m curious. To most of us, we know the legal difference between an AR Pistol and an SBR. Why would a gang banger care enough to learn the difference? It’s not like DC would turn them over to the ATF.

Why does a bad guy go through all the trouble to comply with NFA? I mean they are probably already committing a Fed felony (Felon in possession) and various other DC felonies.

Something doesn’t add up.

Turbohugh

Squib..
    Jan 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    I doubt the illegals firearm guy is building them. Probably a straw purchase that builds them like the turnkey place in California that got busted . Jerome and RayRay aren’t finishing 80% lowers .. I’ve seen a guy try on YouTube with a drill he didn’t finish he mutilated it. Looks easy but the average person won’t be able to accurately kill the required materials to produce a functional weapon. IMHO these are all imported from outside DMV but once again it’s the legal firearm owners that pay the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    What is the source for that? I think that is an aggregation with serial number damaged obliterated guns which are probably 99% of that 6% and not "ghost guns" from 80% at all.

I don't think so. The manufacture of the gun the way the legislation is paraphrased so far is the 20%

The source is the top link vs reported weapon recoveries publicly posted on MPDs “stats at a glance” webpage.

I have no authorized way of prove to you about the serial number thing but P80s are listed as P80s for recovery. Their own category. No one considers scratched off serial numbers as ghost guns.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    More P80s recovered

Attachments

• EE98C6C5-11D7-4290-835F-D13F6C6FDA44.jpg
      EE98C6C5-11D7-4290-835F-D13F6C6FDA44.jpg
      26.5 KB · Views: 248
    • C04C802C-F926-4D29-89AC-194B50889F49.jpg
      C04C802C-F926-4D29-89AC-194B50889F49.jpg
      21.2 KB · Views: 271

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Tangential question, but if you guys can tell from the pics, where are the criminals sourcing their slides/slide builds from? I assume that they go with the cheapest option, the "Hi-Point" of slides, and I'm curious what that is (if there is a more popular route).

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Tangential question, but if you guys can tell from the pics, where are the criminals sourcing their slides/slide builds from? I assume that they go with the cheapest option, the "Hi-Point" of slides, and I'm curious what that is (if there is a more popular route).

I’ve been out of the guns/drugs stuff for a few years now. I don’t get to see these up close cuz I’m not recovering them. I think it would be hard to tell cuz none of the slides I’ve bought are marked by the company I’ve bought them from

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    This question is not about the pictures, but do you know why the word "recovered" seems to be used to describe firearms acquired/taken by law enforcement? To me, that word implies that the item was somehow lost and possession of it has been regained. If the owner made their own and used it in a crime, how is the word "recovered" applicable? Seems to me that in this case, it is actually confiscated. Most would argue rightfully so, so why hide behind generic language?

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County

Also, there is the whole question of whether or not they are actually building them. More P80s among the general population means more to be stolen be criminals.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Yes. It would be useful to know if they were actually recovered (made and then stolen from someone else) or confiscated (made/owned by the person accused of the crime).

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    This question is not about the pictures, but do you know why the word "recovered" seems to be used to describe firearms acquired/taken by law enforcement? To me, that word implies that the item was somehow lost and possession of it has been regained. If the owner made their own and used it in a crime, how is the word "recovered" applicable? Seems to me that in this case, it is actually confiscated. Most would argue rightfully so, so why hide behind generic language?

They are generally the result of a crime but occasionally there are people who turn them in “for destruction”.

The word recovered is because they aren’t going to make 38 twitter posts a month with exact details of how officers came into that gun. A major police department IMHO doesn’t have the time to tweet out every detail of a weapon recovery.

You’re being nit picky.

With the legal gun ownership in DC at i think 3% but let’s say less than 6% i think it’s safe to say these guns aren’t being taken from folks following the law.

Also i think it’s safe to say that recovered doesn’t GENERALLY mean someone misplaced it like a phone or wallet

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    I know. It's often triggered by the misuse of words and reflexive pronouns. Another cliche use that bugs me is "illegal guns".

That is one of my pet peeves as well. 9.5/10 “illegal gun” really means illegal possessor.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I'm sure that their ignorance on the term "manufacturer" will lead to some confusion.
    What happens when someone takes a block of metal made by the government and mills it into a firearm? Where does it stop?

NSA runs a smelter for hard drives and sells the output . Here we go...

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    37 firearms recovered since Carona got real in DC. You can see a P80 in that lot but i know at least 6 have been recovered.

I guess Caronavirus is making it easier cuz now most regular folks are inside.

Attachments

• 6D460B6F-8FD1-4F25-90C3-CF60E233142C.jpg
      6D460B6F-8FD1-4F25-90C3-CF60E233142C.jpg
      46.4 KB · Views: 240

HarryLogan

HarryLogan, also known as MesWoore
    Jan 16, 2020
    how about just enforcing the laws actually on the books and see what that does to your crime rate??? these idiots want to attack everything BUT the actual problem (the criminals).

and then they want to enable 3rd party victims to sue the gun manufacturer? can you imagine folks suing ford and chevy because their vehicles were used in bank robberies? this crap has gotten so far over the top it's beyond ridiculous.

But then they'd be imprisoning their voter base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom