• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • solarpower44

Feb 2, 2016
    Glenelg MD
    Any of you have any experience with TBA suppressors in VA. ? I sent my FNC for sbr conversion back in November. Todd, I believe is the owner told me it will take 2 to 5 weeks. First followed up back in December and he said they are working on it. January he said his crew is sick. Later again workin on it. Two weeks ago a tech guy said it will be done next week. But still nothing. I don’t know what’s going on with this company and I am at the point I am thinking of having them just ship my upper back. Is my experience exceptional or normal with TBA? I would appreciate any input on what I should do?

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Todd did the sear install on my FNC about 6 years ago. It took about a month longer than expected. Not a big deal. He is a small operation and the NFA work is only part of his business. He also owns and runs an automotive related business. He was good to work with and stands behind his work. I have no experience with his Suppressors. You might check with Duffy's. I believe they have bought and sold some of his integral pistols.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Todd did a couple of integral suppressed conversions for a friend of mine and also tried to help me out with some upgrades to a suppressor I was not real happy with.

My friends work took a little longer than initially quoted but he is happy as can be with the work.

As was already said, the NFA work is just a part of his business. I'd give him a little more time.

solarpower44

Feb 2, 2016
    Glenelg MD
    Thanks it’s good to hear that both of you experienced Delays. In retrospect I should have went to Duffy’s. They are first class establishment and very professional.

forkauto

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Sep 26, 2013
    Hampstead, Md
    I have a few of Todd’s suppressors as well as a couple FNC’s he did. Todd is a stand up guy. I know he was having some health issues early in year with employees. He will make it right for you.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I think we just had a "gunsmith is really delayed thread" for a different gunsmith a few weeks ago. Good gunsmiths are heavily booked and can take months to complete work.

The main issue is that a lot of gunsmiths are not good wordsmiths, and not good communicators or good estimators of how long it takes to finish a long list of projects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom