• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marylandfisherman

Self Aware
    Nov 10, 2011
    We live in MoCo... and every time my wife says "we don't have enough X or Y!" I calmly explain to her that we are armed, and thus we can get whatever item we want when the SHTF for real.

-John

I told my wife that we didn't need to over-prepare - where we live, we can go hunting for whatever it is we need when the SHTF, 'cause most of our neighbors are unarmed..

-John
    These posts make me hope you're not my neighbor...

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    These posts make me hope you're not my neighbor...

Yeah, some folks seem to be going out of their way to make sure that every possible bad stereotype about gun owners is reinforced. And then they wonder where those sentiments come from as people vote and write new infringements into law.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    When people express frustration on being able to purchase a gun for the first time, I like to remind them that they should take that into consideration when selecting politicians to represent them. Constitutional Carry is the best answer. Government treating firearm purchases like buying milk, eggs, and toilet paper would be pretty good. Most NFA items are just nonsensical, IMO. What other loud device does the government actively discourage people from making quieter? Short barreled rifles fire less effective projectiles than longer barreled rifles...in general. Dead people don't care whether the shotgun was sawed off or legal length.

It is like having crimes punished differently depending on whether you stabbed some one with an exacto knife or a chain saw. The crime is assault or murder regardless of the weapon.

Be safe.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Attachments

• SpHell.gif
      SpHell.gif
      425.2 KB · Views: 554

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    *****They won't hesitate to bring up evil Orange Man Bad either. So much hate. People like this operate on emotion and get very very angry if you aren't 100% behind inclusiveness, globalism, climate change, reducing the achievement gap through more school funding as long as their kids don't have to be exposed to the "diversity" themselves, wickedly pro gun control to the point of having the police forcibly confiscate and "shoot dead" armed citizens who own legally purchased firearms for protection, etc..

People like this are generally not armed, but are extremely vocal, pushy, and obnoxiously self righteous. I've seen people like this make a scene at stores because they have a x-mas tree but no representation of every other religion out there (you know, to show tolerance!), and complain obnoxiously and loudly to a guy in a humvee that he is destroying the environment by driving such a huge truck...:sad20:

I've lived in this county (MoCo) for some time, and that Next Door app has really brought out the confidence of the liberal harpies who just try and shame anyone who even remotely or obliquely doesn't follow their ideology 100%.

These types of people are nuts, and emotionally unstable in many ways. If the SHTF they will most likely have big time nervous break downs when their ideas of tolerance, and community harmony comes head first into the fist of reality of scarce resources, and being prepared if that call to 911 doesn't exactly bring the police to your doorstep as quickly as needed when yutes or desperate people try to take your stuff, or to harm your family.

Don't mistake some people's kindness with weakness. Normals *will* push back if pushed enough, and it could potentially get very very ugly. Next Door is not reflective of many peoples ideals - it's just tolerated because the vocal crazies are harmless for now. :)

These are the folks I was talking about when I said trying to get them to see our side was like "trying to talk to the dead". I've had more than my share of those "conversations" where they were locked on TRANSMIT.

ETA: This was posted on YT on 3/19:

a043597a5787656f9d40a7ac18d9766c.jpg

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    When people express frustration on being able to purchase a gun for the first time, I like to remind them that they should take that into consideration when selecting politicians to represent them. Constitutional Carry is the best answer. Government treating firearm purchases like buying milk, eggs, and toilet paper would be pretty good. Most NFA items are just nonsensical, IMO. What other loud device does the government actively discourage people from making quieter? Short barreled rifles fire less effective projectiles than longer barreled rifles...in general. Dead people don't care whether the shotgun was sawed off or legal length.

It is like having crimes punished differently depending on whether you stabbed some one with an exacto knife or a chain saw. The crime is assault or murder regardless of the weapon.

Be safe.

It becomes easier to understand when you remember that most of the politicians writing and sponsoring the laws have zero experience with firearms other than what they saw in movies.

So they know that 'silencers' are only used by gangsters and hitmen. They make the largest caliber handguns available sound like a kernel of popcorn popping, and the people in the next hotel room won't hear a sound.

Sawed off shotguns will make a round of buckshot spread so much that it will take out several people on the other side of the room... and in a curious twist of physics, despite the pattern being so widely dispersed, it will knock them all on their ass as it kills them while the shooter stands upright and racks the next round with a one-handed motion.

Also, nobody needs more than 10 rounds in a magazine because you can fire round after round for at least 10 minutes from a 1911 or revolver without reloading.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    These are the folks I was talking about when I said trying to get them to see our side was like "trying to talk to the dead". I've had more than my share of those "conversations" where they were locked on TRANSMIT.

ETA: This was posted on YT on 3/19:

a043597a5787656f9d40a7ac18d9766c.jpg

It appears that video has been removed.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Here are a couple of funny gun store owner videos regarding the past few days of sales. They are on Facebook but one doesn't need an account to watch. The first guy shares his exasperation with first time buyers complaining about background check times, etc ... (he cusses a bit in case young kids are around) ...

https://www.facebook.com/838180422949941/posts/2508366319264668/?vh=e&d=n

The second guy is quite the salesman. See what he's including with every sale ...

https://www.facebook.com/140211482669395/posts/3106509159372931/?vh=e&d=n

Sampson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 24, 2013
    White Marsh
    Here are a couple of funny gun store owner videos regarding the past few days of sales. They are on Facebook but one doesn't need an account to watch. The first guy shares his exasperation with first time buyers complaining about background check times, etc ... (he cusses a bit in case young kids are around) ...

https://www.facebook.com/838180422949941/posts/2508366319264668/?vh=e&d=n

The second guy is quite the salesman. See what he's including with every sale ...

https://www.facebook.com/140211482669395/posts/3106509159372931/?vh=e&d=n

Wow, the Dragonman has quite a shop !!

https://www.dragonmans.com/

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    Couple of thoughts

First, during times of crisis, it is not only our own government that tries to take advantage. It should be of great discomfort to America’s enemies that our population makes a substantial effort to arm themselves and, when compared to the rest of the world, has a relatively easy time doing so.

Second, reading this thread, along with recent personal experiences, have lead me to believe some good can come of this for the 2A community. I have made it a goal to continuously preach the 4 tenants of gun safety to my family and friends. I have, and will continue to, educate them on how firearms function, and how to safely operate and disassemble them. For those of you who have relationships with people recently inured to the possibilities this world can offer, I encourage you to do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom