• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    I am trying to have a glass half full optimism:) Let's face it, if they did rule in favor on Monday, image the fun watching all those NY liberals heads explode. It would be more fun to watch than the day after the 2016 election.

Now you, sir, are a liar. NOTHING was more meme worthy or satisfying than watching the fallout of the 2016 election. However, I must admit, this would be a nice second in my book.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Now you, sir, are a liar. NOTHING was more meme worthy or satisfying than watching the fallout of the 2016 election. However, I must admit, this would be a nice second in my book.

It depends on how broad the decision is, broad enough and actual heads will explode. :D:party29:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Gotta wonder if the Covid-19 aftermath will consciously or subconsciously affect thinking on guns/transport/carry in a lot of folks, even SCOTUS Justices.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Gotta wonder if the Covid-19 aftermath will consciously or subconsciously affect thinking on guns/transport/carry in a lot of folks, even SCOTUS Justices.

I think, on this topic, COVID-19 will be like alcohol. A small number of people will - while under the influence of panic or just general unease - have a revelation. But most people will have their baked-in world views more loudly or toxically on display because their inhibitions will be suppressed, like with alcohol, by stress.

I can see the grabber types doubling down on their supposed fear: if they’re willing to infringe on the 2A under everyday circumstances because they’re afraid of law abiding people being armed, imagine how righteously they’ll assert that nobody can be trusted with guns when a crisis has people freaking out.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    I think, on this topic, COVID-19 will be like alcohol. A small number of people will - while under the influence of panic or just general unease - have a revelation. But most people will have their baked-in world views more loudly or toxically on display because their inhibitions will be suppressed, like with alcohol, by stress.

I can see the grabber types doubling down on their supposed fear: if they’re willing to infringe on the 2A under everyday circumstances because they’re afraid of law abiding people being armed, imagine how righteously they’ll assert that nobody can be trusted with guns when a crisis has people freaking out.
    In vino veritas.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    I am trying to have a glass half full optimism:) Let's face it, if they did rule in favor on Monday, image the fun watching all those NY liberals heads explode. It would be more fun to watch than the day after the 2016 election.

While they're fleeing to the Hamptons and straining to understand NPR over the sound of the potholes.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ

SCOTUS justices get Supreme Court Police protection for the asking. A former LEO colleague performed as driver and protection for retired Justice David Souter when he was on the court. That was prior to 9/11...it could be changed now how protection is handled for them.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    I hope, which I try to avoid, that all this craziness with some states banning gun sales, certain justices see the importance of rulings that would strengthen the power of the Second. Especially justices that are on record believing that gun rights are disfavored rights.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    I hope, which I try to avoid, that all this craziness with some states banning gun sales, certain justices see the importance of rulings that would strengthen the power of the Second. Especially justices that are on record believing that gun rights are disfavored rights.

Second Amendment doesn’t need strengthening, it needs enforcement. imho fred55

Master_P

May 27, 2015

Voluntary cessation was an argument Clement put forward as to why the case is not moot. Cuomo closed gun stores as "non-essential" during the Wuhan flu emergency.

Is there some way SCOTUS could leverage NYs closure of gun stores to keep the case alive?

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    It's funny how everyone thinks that SCOTUS is obligated to do the right thing and is not somehow part of the problem..:lol:

Makes it seem like this is their very first 2A case (again) and they never had a chance to clearly and firmly put ALL of this crap to rest before. They won't even enforce their own prior, incredibly "narrow" rulings. :sad20:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It's funny how everyone thinks that SCOTUS is obligated to do the right thing and is not somehow part of the problem..:lol:

Makes it seem like this is their very first 2A case (again) and they never had a chance to clearly and firmly put ALL of this crap to rest before. They won't even enforce their own prior, incredibly "narrow" rulings. :sad20:

Some of them are part of the problem, but it may be that they're the only solution remaining.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD

Its in any court's best interest to limit the right to keep and bear. The court's power comes from the very state that the 2A warned against. Why would any court allow the very thing that would overthrow their power?

This ruling will be very narrowly limited. My guess is narrowly limited to get Robert's buy-in. He is the new Kennedy on the court.

Fedora

Dec 16, 2018
    This ruling will be very narrowly limited.

Not a lawyer, but I note there are nine held cases. Six concern "Bear" and the remaining three address some aspect of "Infringed". In this case, they impact commerce in guns. Even a narrow and limited decision that addresses the questions in each of the held cases would please me right down to my socks.

Fedora

Dec 16, 2018

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom