• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A_arrrrr_L

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 14, 2017
    Hi everyone! I just moved to MD recently for a new job, and after reading the news, just purchased my first firearm. I have only have fired a rental AR's before, and I'm basically a beginner, so I'm hoping to find training in the area on how to use my new shotgun effectively.

A_arrrrr_L

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 14, 2017
    Welcome, from Frederick.

Congrats on your purchase! What kind of shotgun did you get?
    I got a KSG (I suddenly realize that my avatar picture is more related than I thought).

I did some reading on the options, and I think in theory that the pros outweigh the cons here. The short gun length will be potentially critical at my place, there are a few spots a longer gun could easily get me caught on. I got an angled forward grip for it so that I can work the action hard and avoid the issue with shortstroking after some practice(I hope), while avoiding the risk of snapping a vertical grip from torque and blowing off my fingers like that one guy did with the cheap VFG (if I don't like how that's working, I will replace it with a reputable vertical grip plus one of those aluminum rails they sell for it). The high capacity also was big for me. I figure that if I need to reload a shotgun with a capacity of 14 during a home defense situation, I'm probably doomed no matter what I have at my disposal.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Welcome. Defiantly get some training and plenty of range-time to get comfortable with it. You've stumbled onto probably one of the best on-line communities for shooting information around. Folks here are pretty friendly and if you have a question, someone here will most likely have an answer.

Cheers.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]P[/FONT]lease consider donating to help [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fight Maryland's HQ[FONT=&quot]L[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 150

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    If you liked the AR you rented, go get yourself one. There are so many available for so few dollars......

If done right you could easily get in under $500. Not something I would go to war with, but fine for the range and NOT renting anymore....

Welcome from Marriottsville.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom