• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Call me Hef

C & R Junkie
    Oct 11, 2012
    North Point
    Looking for Nerf Bars for my truck, anyone know if they are sold locally?
    I've checked all the chain stores like Pep Boys, Salvo, etc. and I can order them online, but I don't want to go that route if I can help it.
    Thanks!

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    If it happens to be an old ford ranger, I have *two* sets in my garage you can have. Used, but more than serviceable. Maybe they'll fit more than one model?

thanatron

MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2012
    I have 2012 Ram 1500 running boards ill sell.. i took them off my truck when i bought it.

thanatron

MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2012
    lift.jpg

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I ordered mine for the new truck from Amazon. Prime membership, free overnight shipping. It took a little searching and filtering to find the right ones.

Installation was easy, bolt on the brackets then the bars to the brackets. All hardware was included.

Attachments

• new truck.jpg
      new truck.jpg
      129.1 KB · Views: 259

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Look into getting rock sliders instead of a nerf bar.

A nerf bar attaches to brackets hanging off of the body of the truck. Rock sliders bolt on to the frame. If you hit a curb or something the nerf bar can cause the body to buckle. Rock sliders are much stronger and won't damage the body if hit.

Whichever you choose, get some that stick out farther than your door panels. That way they act as guards in parking lots and will protect you against door dings. Whenever I see a vehicle parked close to my FJ I like to look at their door and more often then not I see a ding in their door where they opened it up hard into my rock sliders. (It's the little things in life)

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    I want to build a set like this for mine.
    I crushed the step on my truck one when it was almost new and was lucky it didn't damage anything.

s01350na01na.jpg

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Look into getting rock sliders instead of a nerf bar.

A nerf bar attaches to brackets hanging off of the body of the truck. Rock sliders bolt on to the frame. If you hit a curb or something the nerf bar can cause the body to buckle. Rock sliders are much stronger and won't damage the body if hit.

Whichever you choose, get some that stick out farther than your door panels. That way they act as guards in parking lots and will protect you against door dings. Whenever I see a vehicle parked close to my FJ I like to look at their door and more often then not I see a ding in their door where they opened it up hard into my rock sliders. (It's the little things in life)

My nerf bars came from Amazon also. I got them when CINCHOUSE announced she needed a step to get into the Blazer. Bolt the brackets to the frame; then bolt the bars to the brackets. Easy to do, and not overly expensive.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Don't know if the OP found any, since he hasn't replied back, but my son just removed his the other day, from his 2012 crew cab, short bed Ram 1500.

They are DODGE items, made by someone else, I'm sure, and say "RAM" on them...black, aluminum with all hardware, brackets, etc...

He said new they sell for $450, but he'll take $200 or best offer...

He works night shift, and I told him to send me a couple fresh pics when he gets home this morning.
    I attached a couple pics of existing pics of the actual truck with the actual bars on it...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom