• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    I will have 3-4 cubic yards of clean fill dirt (no rocks, tree roots, etc.) available by this weekend from an excavation in Severna Park. I can deliver it within reason in central AA County. If I end up delivering it, I reserve the right to deliver it to the nearest MDS member, regardless of the order in which responses are received.

You must have a dump truck accessible area in which I can dump the dirt if I deliver it.

I will have a significantly larger amount from the same job site in the near future, so any respondents will have an opportunity for that too.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    With no idea what constitutes reasonable and/or what costs may be involved, a buddy in Rock Hall may need some fill dirt at some point in the future. Seems like that might be too far for a giant load of dirt, but I figured I'd put it out there anyway.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    Any chance you would have some rock available? I'm looking for some 12" - 24" rocks for my enduro track in the back yard in Crofton.

Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    More fill dirt will be available from 2 upcoming jobs. This will not be clean fill - it will have some rock, concrete, and wood debris mixed into it. If you are looking to fill a space and put clean fill or topsoil over it, this will be fine. Despite its topsoil content, this is not a type of dirt you want to spread out in your yard and plant grass in - unless you want to invest the time to clean/screen it by hand.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    More fill dirt will be available from 2 upcoming jobs. This will not be clean fill - it will have some rock, concrete, and wood debris mixed into it. If you are looking to fill a space and put clean fill or topsoil over it, this will be fine. Despite its topsoil content, this is not a type of dirt you want to spread out in your yard and plant grass in - unless you want to invest the time to clean/screen it by hand.

We are looking into filling in our pool. We have someone to do the job (punch holes in the bottom, break up concrete, etc). We'd use fill dirt and then topsoil and seed with grass. Would your fill dirt be appropriate?

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    We are looking into filling in our pool. We have someone to do the job (punch holes in the bottom, break up concrete, etc). We'd use fill dirt and then topsoil and seed with grass. Would your fill dirt be appropriate?

"If you are looking to fill a space and put clean fill or topsoil over it, this will be fine"

May or may not be enough depending on size of pool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom