• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I just got a reply back on an email.

Franklin is working on a Binary trigger for the HK platform. HK91/93/94 etc style. WOOT!

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    HK and ACR

Attachments

• 16174684_10207448482002543_4572496113275057959_n.jpg
      16174684_10207448482002543_4572496113275057959_n.jpg
      50.5 KB · Views: 607

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Picked up a binary 3 trigger setup today. Think I'll install it in 1 of my 9mm guns. Looks total different than the early 1s.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    As soon as I can get out to the range I'll give you a full report! !! Also the gen 3 cost less than the previous versions.

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    I installed a Franklin BFS3 on my 22 plinker: Palmetto 10.5" Nitride barrel AR pistol + CMMG conversion bolt + M&P 15-22 magazine. Used Thunderbolts. Emptied the 1st magazine at Binary mode with no problem. On the 2nd mag and 3rd mag at times it would stop: I think I was not totally releasing the trigger. Controlled pairs definitely worked fine. I saw some threads about hammer follow but I had not installed the buffer spring that came with the BFS.

I then attached the Form1 suppressor and made sure that I release the trigger totally... emptied the magazines. :) Fun fun fun!

I had to cut the test short as I had to pickup the kids from school. More range time needed next week using the CMMG bolt and also using .223 ammo on a standard AR bolt.

I also need to install the other BFS 3 on my Palmetto AR9 pistol and try that out too. And the Fostech Echo is already in Hyattsville as of this evening. :) That will go in one of the rifles.

Video for installing BFS3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUP44vrmqjY

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Picked up a few more units. I had to put the original hammer back in 1 in order get it to work will have to call them monday and see what they say.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Picked up a few more units. I had to put the original hammer back in 1 in order get it to work will have to call them monday and see what they say.

When you say original hammer, do you mean a standard semi AR hammer or the hammer that came with the Binary kit?

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    When you say original hammer, do you mean a standard semi AR hammer or the hammer that came with the Binary kit?

The hammer that came with the kit wouldn't allow the reset to work. So I put the hammer that was in the gun prior ( the non binary hammer) in the lower and it would reset without any issues. Just to note I bagged the parts after I removed them from the lower if I ever decide to put it back to the way it was prior. Then I cut the plastic bags of binary parts then did the assy.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    The hammer that came with the kit wouldn't allow the reset to work. So I put the hammer that was in the gun prior ( the non binary hammer) in the lower and it would reset without any issues. Just to note I bagged the parts after I removed them from the lower if I ever decide to put it back to the way it was prior. Then I cut the plastic bags of binary parts then did the assy.

I seem to recall Franklin uses a stock semi hammer. Read it somewhere or saw it in an online video or something. Not super reliable information. Was not trying to imply you installed the wrong hammer.

Anyway, wonder if Franklin got a lowest bidder deal on their hammers. With all of their production delays, I am pretty sure they are physically made overseas.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Could very well be. Out of the 4 kits. I had 1 that acted funny manually testing it. But lubed it up pretty good and it seemed to help. Then on the last 1 hammer dropped when pulled. But not on release in binary mode. Seemed by the time you let the trigger go far enough the main sear of the trigger would grab, that's the 1 I swapped out the hammer on. I put 1 kit on my ZM AR ( it's recoil sping is a custom forward mounted setup , it doesn't use or have a buffer tube or buffer. so I can't use the spring they provided.) So I may have issues with that when I shoot it, but I'm hopeful it will work.

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    One of my Franklin BF IIIs had the sear consistently catch the hammer when I release the trigger (Binary mode). I contacted Franklin Armory they recommended some tests which still did not resolve the problem. I tried different hammers and mounted the trigger on 3 other ARs with the same results. I called them again and they told me it needed a RMA. It's going to be mailed it back to them for service tomorrow.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I just got this tonight in my Email. All is said about it was "Coming soon! BFSIII for the HK".

Attachments

• 260d36ad-e11e-431a-9235-2e89f569dfb5.jpg
      260d36ad-e11e-431a-9235-2e89f569dfb5.jpg
      42 KB · Views: 275

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Great news. I'm really looking forward to this.

I probably would have bought a Fostech Echo trigger by now but I am really looking forward to the Franklin HK version!

Most likely I will end up getting them both. Untill then, I will have to be content with my BFS Gen II for my AR.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Can't wait til the HK units are released !!! Hopefully they won't be to painful price wise.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Can't wait til the HK units are released !!! Hopefully they won't be to painful price wise.

I don't get the price gouging thing in the first place. $400 plus for a trigger? I get that people will pay that if they want it. I did. But here is the thing. Who here has only one AR 15? I have a half a dozen that I am willing to admit to. I have a buddy who has thirteen that he will show me. Who knows how many more he might have.

My point is, I would be more likely to buy more of these if the price was more inline with a good aftermarket trigger. If they were $200 each, I might buy 3 or more. They would ultimately make more money from me. At $400 plus, I am just going to move my uppers around when I want to use the trigger system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom