• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    So I picked up these two Luger mags yesterday out of a random mag bin at a gun store. I know the blued one is an unmarked Mec Gar, but I'm wondering about the plated one. There are no markings on the body, and the aluminum base has an eagle with an L stamped on it.

Some quick Google searching seems to show it's a commercial contract mag since it's​ not blued and lacks military acceptance marks. I also can't get an eighth round into it, but I also don't have a loading tool.

What's a good price to ask on it?

IMG_20170326_075222_zps2numi4ra.jpg

IMG_20170325_200136_zpswlowxucu.jpg

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    The Eagle/L is a Nazi police acceptance marking. A quick look on sold eBay listings shows eagle/L police mags going for $150-200 in nice shape. Obviously would be more if someone out there had the matching gun and needed it!

Last edited:

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Thanks, it's in decent shape, but nowhere near pristine. Now the question is if I should sell them, or get a Luger soon. Of course, I could probably fund a few Mec Gar shooter mags with it.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Ken be wary of Mecgar mags for P08s. I picked up one years ago and found that the sheet metal was too thin and malleable to hold its shape against that damned stiff spring. So the feed lips would start to spread after a while and I'd experience FTFs. I'd push the lips back and we'd be OK for a time until the inevitable occurred again. Ended up finding two original German WWII vintage mags at Sarco and my issues went away for good. Now perhaps Mecgar has improved the construction of their P08 mags in the years since, but I'd be wary. Perhaps buy only one and give it a good thrashing at the range before committing to spending on more of them.
    BTW, this same issue used to occur to me with aftermarket mags for Hi Standards too. Again, you have that steep grip angle and a stiff mag spring. I'll now only use factory mags for them.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I ended up selling it to a dealer friend for $100. Not bad for something out of a $10 mag box, and I'm sure he could make some money on it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom