• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FI$H

Oct 11, 2011
    Where is the best and cheapest place to buy ammo (local or online)?

FI$H

Oct 11, 2011
    any idea what Walmart sells 40 s&w for? they don't show there prices online.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Wal-Mart does not show their ammo prices. Off the top of my head, they have 100 packs of Federal 9mm practice ammo for $19.95 or $19.99. I would figure $12 or $13 for a 50 round box of .40S&W.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Wal-Mart for plinking ammo.

When I or the wife goes to wal-mart I'll usually buy 100 rounds of whatever ammo + 2 or 3 gallons of water or bottled if it's on sale.

It adds a small amount to the bill and is an easy way to stock pile over a period of time.

When I make large ammo purchases for the safe I'll order online from Palmetto State or CTD.

Ultimate Member
    rifle ammo - AIM surplus
    hand gun ammo - AIM or walmart

There are a lot of people on here that reload. I would search some of their threads. They have some great stuff for beginners that are essentially training manuals for people who don't know anything about reloading.

They'll tell you were to buy, what to buy and how you should reload.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Aim, Palmetto or Weidners usually. Rarely will I buy local, even with shipping, most local places can't compare to online retailers.

BigMBobbyOP

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2011
    PA
    hard to beat walmart prices...

if there is a special online sometimes i'll do that but when you factor in shipping its almost a wash with walmart..

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Wherever the best buys are....sometimes auctions allow you to steal them. Some great scores recently were 750 rounds of 7.62X39 45 dollars, can of US surplus 06 65.00 for 240 rounds. Doesn't always happen, sometimes they get stupid, sometimes you can steal it.

Now which auctions I go to....that's none of your ****ing business. :rasp:

FI$H

Oct 11, 2011
    Wherever the best buys are....sometimes auctions allow you to steal them. Some great scores recently were 750 rounds of 7.62X39 45 dollars, can of US surplus 06 65.00 for 240 rounds. Doesn't always happen, sometimes they get stupid, sometimes you can steal it.

Now which auctions I go to....that's none of your ****ing business. :rasp:

awww come on...

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    If I'm just buying by the box - Walmart (And like someone else said; that's a great way to "stock pile, a little at a time)

If I'm buying by the case - Freestate seems to have some very competitive pricing (once you consider S&H charges) to on-line purchases. Granted, their selection is limited comparerd to Lucky Gunner, CheaperThanDirt, etc. But they carry every thing I would need.

Last time I was looking at the stack, 9mm was at a great price. (Can't remember exactly what off the top of my head.) And I'm on my way there now to do the paperwork on my new AR15 that just came in, and pick up a case of .228 @ $325(?)/case.

Last time I checked .45 seemed just about what you would pay for it on line, too. (Minus the S&H) Next time I buy that in bulk, it will be from them. (Support our Industry Partners, whenever possible!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom