• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I buy my ***in' .380 ammo at ***in' Walmart, it's $32 a ***in' box.

If you can't find it in the ***in' ammo case, check over in the ***in' women's lingerie section. Sometimes the 9mm Luger and .45ACP rounds pick fun at it, so it goes there to cry. :D

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Old italian in .32? Beretta 1934/35? Or Model 70? Or Cougar? Tomcat? Maybe a Bernardelli?

Pix?

Not that old but I am looking for WWII something

Fratelli Tanfoglio made Gardone Italy where Beretta is also mfg.....they make the EAA Witness series of pistols that EAA Imports now. this one is imported by FIE and sold under the name Titan II. it was a steal so I got a good swap for it

Last edited:

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    J & G Sales has a 1000 rd case of Sellier & Bellot 92gr FMJ for $310 delivered to my zip code which makes it $15.50 a box of 50 rounds. Haven't seen it much cheaper than that lately.

Now that I looked again, the 100 rd case of Tulammo is $281 delivered for the 91gr FMJ.

squeky

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2007
    Frederick
    That was easy:
    380.png

tosainu1

May 10, 2005
    Bowie Md
    that's funny..i have a box of .380 and no gun in that caliber

Nor would i ever have one either..I also have 2 American Eagle bulk packs in .223 and again..no rifle in that caliber either...how do you acquire 2 BULK packs without noticing?????????

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I have a few packs of CCI Large Rifle Magnum primers at home. I don't own any caliber that can use it. I picked them up accidentally when I went to get some Large Rifle primers. And I had a box of 9mm ammo in my bag. I didn't own a 9mm for a while. My girlfriend had accidentally put her box in my bag.

Jim

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    it may come to that very soon....I don't know squat about reloading.

FPS, reloading is not that difficult to learn. And if you shoot a lot it can be very cost effective for many different calibers - providing you have a way to retrieve your cases.

A basic Lee Anniversary kit is ~ $100. A set of Lee dies is another $25 or so. There's nothing bad about single stage presses IMHO. That's where I started and I still prefer that method for many of my loads.

Reloading .380's is about as fundamental and simple as it gets. It's a small straight-walled case. The cases don't get a lot of wear and tear so they last. Once-fired range pickups are easy to find so there's seemingly an endless supply of free brass.

While folks find "good prices" of $15/50, that's still .30 per round. And let's be honest, is there such a thing as "match quality" .380's? If so, I'm not in that league. But my plinking rounds feed my pistols well cost a lot less.

I look at it this way:
    - Cases are basically free, but let's figure $ .02 per load for a case.
    - Plated bullets can easily be had for 6 or 7 cents. Lead is even cheaper if you cast your own, but let's say $ .07 per load.
    - Primers? Pricing is all over the place, but let's say $.04 each.
    - Powder? Geez, you can load almost 3000 .380 rounds with a $20 pound of Unique. Let's say $.02 for propellant to be fair (...I might spill some).

So if my math is right, I can build a .380 round that goes bang as well as every factory load I've ever fired for ~ $.15 per round or less. Why would I not do that?

No wonder I seem to never have an issue with supply or prices for .380 ammo. And I can still shoot my .380 pistols any time I want. I think I'll stick with my reloads. Y'all can leave your empty cases for me. I promise I'll find 'em and reload them as always. :innocent0

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    Not that old but I am looking for WWII something

Fratelli Tanfoglio made Gardone Italy where Beretta is also mfg.....they make the EAA Witness series of pistols that EAA Imports now. this one is imported by FIE and sold under the name Titan II. it was a steal so I got a good swap for it

Awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom