• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eshoremd

May 22, 2014
    Pasadena
    My parents live at Asbury Solomons. I'm trying to find a park in Calvert county that has some picnic tables where we can meet and have lunch. A park with tables and grill would be great but not necessary.

I haven't seen them since the covid started. They are not okay with going to a restaurant so I figured a park would be nice. Something not overly crowded would suit my Dad best.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    My parents live at Asbury Solomons. I'm trying to find a park in Calvert county that has some picnic tables where we can meet and have lunch. A park with tables and grill would be great but not necessary.

I haven't seen them since the covid started. They are not okay with going to a restaurant so I figured a park would be nice. Something not overly crowded would suit my Dad best.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Doesnt Asbury have picnic tables right on the water on the back side? My wife's grandparents were there for a bit and they used to go by boat to see them on the shoreline.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Come across the river to the St.Mary's County side. Dorsey Park in Hollywood or Laurel Grove wouldn't be a bad drive. Dorsey Park would be Rt.235 North after crossing the bridge to Rt.245, turn left (Shell Gas station on your right) and go about a mile. Park is on your right. Laurel Grove is further North on Rt.235 about 7 miles on the left. There's a pizza shop out front.

eshoremd

May 22, 2014
    Pasadena
    Come across the river to the St.Mary's County side. Dorsey Park in Hollywood or Laurel Grove wouldn't be a bad drive. Dorsey Park would be Rt.235 North after crossing the bridge to Rt.245, turn left (Shell Gas station on your right) and go about a mile. Park is on your right. Laurel Grove is further North on Rt.235 about 7 miles on the left. There's a pizza shop out front.

Thank you! We will look at them.

kbuddy

Jun 20, 2008
    Calvert Co.
    Closest to Asbury, there’s a small park across RT 4 just behind Ruddy Duck on the left. 2-3 covered picnic tables, no grills there.
    Next closest is Calvert Cliffs state park (the tire park). Plenty of picnic tables and some with charcoal grills.
    Hope this helps,
    —Ken

eshoremd

May 22, 2014
    Pasadena
    Thank you all for the replies! We ended up meeting at the Navy Rec Facility right next door to them.

Absolutely beautiful place!!!!

bohman

May 20, 2012
    St. Mary's
    Thank you all for the replies! We ended up meeting at the Navy Rec Facility right next door to them.

Absolutely beautiful place!!!!

Glad you got to see them! I’m in the same boat, haven’t seen my parents since Christmas and they’re in high risk category so they’re not going out. I plan to surprise them by camping in their back yard this weekend or next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom