• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    When my wife and I were dating, I told her if she ever made me choose between her or the guns, I’m taking the guns. I figured if she stuck around then I was all set.
    Great idea. Too bad for me I was married 22 years before I got interested in 2A issues. FSA2013 did it for me. Knew it wouldn't pass cuz it would have no effect on safety. When it did, I started doing my own research. Eye opening to say the least. I might have subsequently bought my first gun, and started to routinely volunteer for Maryland's premier gun rights advocacy group.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I am absolutely going to register everything I have that is already registered.

I figure when confiscation comes I’ll hand in stripped lowers and make lamps out of the uppers. What else could I do with them?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Just got on after the Sabbath to check out the text, and wow, that is excessive. Even Frosh didn't think that was going to fly in court. This thing is like an MDA wishlist, complete with literally punitive fines for failure to register. Surprised they didn't bump the penalty up to two years for that just to make you a prohibited person out of spite.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Just got on after the Sabbath to check out the text, and wow, that is excessive. Even Frosh didn't think that was going to fly in court. This thing is like an MDA wishlist, complete with literally punitive fines for failure to register. Surprised they didn't bump the penalty up to two years for that just to make you a prohibited person out of spite.

The court cases will be interesting, to say the least.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.

Ayn Rand

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If SCOTUS doesn't rule an AWB to be unconstitutional in the next few years, the entire USA is screwed in the long-term in terms of gun rights. The next time the Dems control the house/senate/white house, they can pass some Cali-style AWB that screws everyone. I just don't want to be the state that has to suffer while they figure that out - if they ever do.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    If SCOTUS doesn't rule an AWB to be unconstitutional in the next few years, the entire USA is screwed in the long-term in terms of gun rights. The next time the Dems control the house/senate/white house, they can pass some Cali-style AWB that screws everyone. I just don't want to be the state that has to suffer while they figure that out - if they ever do.

Spot on. I have been saying the same thing. All it is going to take is democratic control of both houses and the presidency for another federal assault weapons ban to take place. Plus anything else they want to pass. I would not put it past them to throw confiscation in there.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Antigunners have been paying attention to New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern's failure in confiscating guns from the public without having everything registered.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Spot on. I have been saying the same thing. All it is going to take is democratic control of both houses and the presidency for another federal assault weapons ban to take place. Plus anything else they want to pass. I would not put it past them to throw confiscation in there.

Well time to split into 3 nations if that happens. Peacefully of course.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Oh, indeed.

"There is no meaningful or persuasive constitutional distinction between semi-automatic handguns and semi-automatic rifles. Semi-automatic rifles, like semi-automatic handguns, have not traditionally been banned and are in common use by law-abiding citizens for self-defense in the home, hunting, and other lawful uses. Moreover, semi-automatic handguns are used in connection with violent crimes far more than semi-automatic rifles are. It followsfrom Heller’s protection of semi-automatic handguns that semi-automatic rifles are also constitutionally protected and that D.C.’s ban on them is unconstitutional." Kavanaugh's dissent in Heller II at the DC Circuit.

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.

Ayn Rand

“Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime”

-Lavrentiy Beria

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County

No doubt. I can't wait to see the results.of the cases once they are all finished up 20 years from now.

Ayn Rand

Politicians are like a toothless dog barking at you. Not really much they can do. The law enforcement officers are their teeth. At least they are on our side.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Perhaps they will be their creator of their own un-doing. You can only pass so many "over the top" laws before the courts start to push back. I get it isn't an idea situation but it is the likely outcome.

And another reason to get out and VOTE. I'd much rather have Trump put another one on SCOTUS as opposed to Bernie giving it a go.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Perhaps they will be their creator of their own un-doing. You can only pass so many "over the top" laws before the courts start to push back. I get it isn't an idea situation but it is the likely outcome.

And another reason to get out and VOTE. I'd much rather have Trump put another one on SCOTUS as opposed to Bernie giving it a go.

This.

Trump made the 9th Circuit conservative, and continues to appoint judges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom