• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Specifically the small rifle primers. I never heard of them. Sources say they are a bit oversized and thick? Planning on running them on AR's. Any input is appreciated, thanks

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    I saw they were selling bricks of 5k today, never heard of them either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    I saw they were selling bricks of 5k today, never heard of them either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    At .05 cpr, I couldn't resist. Hopefully my order goes through and I'll get to testing them out when I receive them.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    I use the LR Unis. They are tight in the pocket. To the point i had to use both hands to seat them. I ended up getting a ram prime to seat them. They go bang. I have had a couple firing pins pierce them with near max loads but that rifle also has a heavy fp spring. Be sure to check to be certain they are fully seated. If you have brass with slightly loose pockets they will be perfect. I picked up 5000 for $123 just before the panic.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    I use the LR Unis. They are tight in the pocket. To the point i had to use both hands to seat them. I ended up getting a ram prime to seat them. They go bang. I have had a couple firing pins pierce them with near max loads but that rifle also has a heavy fp spring. Be sure to check to be certain they are fully seated. If you have brass with slightly loose pockets they will be perfect. I picked up 5000 for $123 just before the panic.

You're pretty much spot on. Seem like they are a bit oversized. With a reamed primer pocket, I gotta make sure it seats in a bit before I drive it in with my ram prime. I tried it on my lee ABLP priming arm and it seems like it isn't concentric enough to start it (the priming arm engagement to the primer pocket), so i'll go with seating these with the lee ram prime. Loading a couple up to see if they go bang.

boule

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Galt's Gulch
    Sources say they are a bit oversized and thick? Planning on running them on AR's. Any input is appreciated, thanks

The short summary - they work.
    The long summary - one of the brand that is readily available in Europe since US primers are either expensive or on backorder (S&B and Murom being the other ones). It is one of the brands that PRVI uses in their ammunition and the produce a bunch of other goodies.
    I've gone through about 5k of those in SR, mainly for 17 Hornet and .223 although in some other rounds as well. The primers tend to sit tight (large fit) and if you have crimped primer pockets you will definately want to swage them beforehand or else you will have one hell of a time and a few jammed primers.

Malfunctions so far: 2-3 that were crushed and not seated properly

euler357

Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Odenton, Marylandistan
    I got some and they are fine. Im using 5.56 brass with swaged primers pockets. I'm using a Dillon 650 with primer swage attachment, trimmer, etc. for brass prep then wet tumble a second time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom