• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Here's something that kind of sucks.

They do orientation twice a month - 1st and 3rd Sundays in the morning. Because of my involvement with church music ministries, I won't be available you attend one of these until maybe late September. Not cool.

Each club is "supposed to" have someone that can do orientations for their new members. One reason the AGC started doing them was that not every club did it.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    If you want to have some more fun without buying steel targets, look on the calendar for Arlington’s Steel pistol shoots. They are open to anyone guest do not have to be members. They don’t charge anything IIRC but do take donations.

Thanks for the plug ToolAA. I also do the orientations for Arlington. The one thing you’ll find is not all clubs at the AGC are created equal. You may want to switch clubs or join other clubs that meet your interests. Some clubs merely exist to offer a way for membership to the AGC, some run shooting events others don’t.

Side note your first year of membership will be half price ($100) if you buy your badge between now and December.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I'm doing one this Friday for MSI. Sign up here. https://airtable.com/shrfNQFjSXZoZtyAA
    I'm not a member of MSI yet - I probably should be, but I'm not. Even if I was, I wouldn't be available on that day, which is unfortunate.

I'll have to look into some other things - MSI isn't expensive and wouldn't be a bad thing to be a part of, so I might go ahead and do that as well.

I'll get it done - it just may not be something I can do within the next week or so.

I'm not a member of MSI yet - I probably should be, but I'm not. Even if I was, I wouldn't be available on that day, which is unfortunate.

I'll have to look into some other things - MSI isn't expensive and wouldn't be a bad thing to be a part of, so I might go ahead and do that as well.

I'll get it done - it just may not be something I can do within the next week or so.

Join MSI and I'll do your range walk through 1 on 1 on a weekday evening. I'm currently working 6-7 days a week, so I'm out of the loop for the regularly scheduled walk throughs for MSI.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD

Please join, we'd love to have you. Every member makes the organization more powerful.

It's been a rough time of year to get walk through's scheduled. People on vacations, ridiculous work schedules, etc. But it looks like squaregrouper may be able to help you out!

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Join MSI and I'll do your range walk through 1 on 1 on a weekday evening. I'm currently working 6-7 days a week, so I'm out of the loop for the regularly scheduled walk throughs for MSI.

I was waiting for you to chime it. You are a good man charlie brown.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    DONE! I just signed up - don't know why I haven't before now because Lord knows I believe in the right to legally carry for self-defense.

I'm not sure of all of the other peccadillos when it comes to getting the membership at AGC - based on the website, it seems that you pay and get the card the same day as the walk-through maybe?

I've got a lot of ducks in a row:
    • I have an HQL
    • I also have a Military ID - I got back in the guard after a 10 year break 6 months after getting the HQL.
    • I'm a member of the NRA
    • I'm a member of Meade Rifle & Pistol Club
    • I'm a member of MSI (as of about 5 minutes ago)
    I'm looking forward to AGC - I should have done this when I first became aware of it.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    DONE! I just signed up - don't know why I haven't before now because Lord knows I believe in the right to legally carry for self-defense.

I'm not sure of all of the other peccadillos when it comes to getting the membership at AGC - based on the website, it seems that you pay and get the card the same day as the walk-through maybe?

I've got a lot of ducks in a row:
    • I have an HQL
    • I also have a Military ID - I got back in the guard after a 10 year break 6 months after getting the HQL.
    • I'm a member of the NRA
    • I'm a member of Meade Rifle & Pistol Club
    • I'm a member of MSI (as of about 5 minutes ago)
    I'm looking forward to AGC - I should have done this when I first became aware of it.

All you need now is a W&C. MSI can help you navigate that process as well.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Bringing this back around to things I'd need or maybe should have, do most of you guys have a spotting scope that you use on the 100 and 200 yard ranges? Seems like getting into something decent but inexpensive would be a good idea - there are a myriad of inexpensive spotting scopes on the market in the sub $150 range. I'm curious what the folks around here might use.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I did my walk-through at AGC today. I learned that the range has a lot more to offer than I realized. I knew the basics - pistol range, 100 yard range, 200 yard range, trap, skeet - but I didn't realize that it also had an indoor pellet gun/air rifle range, a bow range, action shooting ranges, and a shotgun patterning range.

Everything seemed pretty straightforward, but I'll make sure to go through the range rules with a fine-toothed comb before going to shoot. I think I'm going to enjoy going out there.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I did my walk-through at AGC today. I learned that the range has a lot more to offer than I realized. I knew the basics - pistol range, 100 yard range, 200 yard range, trap, skeet - but I didn't realize that it also had an indoor pellet gun/air rifle range, a bow range, action shooting ranges, and a shotgun patterning range.

Everything seemed pretty straightforward, but I'll make sure to go through the range rules with a fine-toothed comb before going to shoot. I think I'm going to enjoy going out there.

If you are looking for a Saturday or Sunday shooting partner who can help you get comfortable with the scene, let me know.

I’m probably going Saturday 28th or Sunday 8/29.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

Where did they end up putting back the archery range? I was out of service for a while when the action shooting bays went in.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD

It was good to meet you! The action bays are an increasingly important part of AGC's ability to do outreach, so it's cool that you got a look at them in action.

Glad to bring you on board.
    Welcome to the madness.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    It was good to meet you! The action bays are an increasingly important part of AGC's ability to do outreach, so it's cool that you got a look at them in action.
    Likewise! I always enjoy putting faces to the names I see here on the board, and I did enjoy getting to see the action bays in action.

Glad to bring you on board.
    Welcome to the madness.
    That's an understatement! I have a feeling that this is going to be the start of something that will really propel my shooting hobby - there are no real limits to what I can do with my guns - there's more at AGC than I'll wind up using. I have always enjoyed shooting rifles, but my shooting has been relegated to pistol for years because I wasn't a member anywhere that had a rifle range.

Without traffic I can get there in about 35 minutes so I know where I'll be spending a fair amount of time on the weekends. I can't wait to do some more shooting with the rifles I own.

I can't thank you enough for taking the time out to do a 1-on-1 walk through with me yesterday.

Speedluvn

Dec 23, 2019
    Baltimore County
    That's an understatement! I have a feeling that this is going to be the start of something that will really propel my shooting hobby - there are no real limits to what I can do with my guns - there's more at AGC than I'll wind up using. I have always enjoyed shooting rifles, but my shooting has been relegated to pistol for years because I wasn't a member anywhere that had a rifle range.

Without traffic I can get there in about 35 minutes so I know where I'll be spending a fair amount of time on the weekends. I can't wait to do some more shooting with the rifles I own.
    To actually find a location that's relatively convenient and allows you to test your skills in a variety of disciplines was the deciding factor for me to join AGC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom