• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clay_shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 27, 2011
    MoCo
    I have a couple Sparrow .22 suppressors, one never used, that I'd like to get rid of to simplify things for my heirs and a possible out of state move. What are my options?

Is it possible to sell them on consignment? I'm OK with a big commission.

Has anyone sold one person-to-person?

They have no value to a dealer because they would have to pay the $200 Tax to take it from me. I might even be OK with that.

Can I just turn them into a Federal agency?

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    They're full-auto rated, assuming they're the stainless steel version. Good cans. Just sell them on here for $200, you'll sell them fast.
    Not a bad deal considering the cost ~$450ish new plus a stamp. Even if the buyer has to pay xfer fee to the dealer and their own tax stamp fee.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I have a couple Sparrow .22 suppressors, one never used, that I'd like to get rid of to simplify things for my heirs and a possible out of state move. What are my options?

Why? Suppressors don't offer any complications in either of those situations. For your heirs (assuming the suppressors are on a Form 4 to you personally, and not to a Trust) all they have to do is have the executor file a Form 5 which is the tax free transfer to an inheritor. For moving, suppressors don't require any notification to ATF.

Is it possible to sell them on consignment? I'm OK with a big commission.

Theoretically yes, but you'd have to do a Form 3 to the FFL if he was going to physically hold them for you. Then he would have to Form 4 them to the new owner.

Has anyone sold one person-to-person?

As long as it's someone else in your state, this is the easiest way to go. You just do a Form 4 with you as the seller and the buyer as the buyer. Once they get the Form 4 approved, you transfer it.

It looks like you've got several offers in this thread, so I would just do that if you really want to get rid of them. However, if you're moving to a state where they are not banned, there's no reason not to just keep them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom