• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Okay couch potatoes , This Sat. 27th of Jan. I am planning a hike . Can we get a MDS crew together for a hike at Patapsco State Park either location , we just need to see where to meet up at the park .

Let's make it happen .

What time we talking?

The earlier the better.

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    Weather reports calling for it to be about 35-40 degrees up through 9AM with it hitting around 45 around 10am and then 50 around Noon. The high of 55-56 will be around 2-3PM.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Weather reports calling for it to be about 35-40 degrees up through 9AM with it hitting around 45 around 10am and then 50 around Noon. The high of 55-56 will be around 2-3PM.

I am still going out , I have hiked in snow , rain . As long as the wind is not blowing I will be good .

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I sent an email to DJ with my phone number for 8 am McKeldon , anyone else let me know I will send my info to you as well . It will be a relaxing and enjoyable walk .

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Just a hair under 4 mile hike on the switchback trail with doggyjacket and his pup . Real nice hike and good conversation and a good guy .

I want to get more MDS folks off the couch and meet the people that are typing behind the keyboard , plus it is for a good cause ... your health . If anyone is interested in smaller hikes/walks or know a good spot post it and we can check it out . I most of the time can do Sat. Mornings .

Lets get and keep this rolling .

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I'd like to find some more interesting hikes - getting kinda bored with Patapsco. The hikes there are nice enough, just looking for some new scenery.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I'd like to find some more interesting hikes - getting kinda bored with Patapsco. The hikes there are nice enough, just looking for some new scenery.

I am willing to travel to Balt. County or even to Frederick , i have been hiking Patapsco for a couple years or so and i have not hiked all the areas .

Both places have many areas , but one thing you are right on you don't want to be bored , that is why maybe if we network here we can get other sites .

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I am willing to travel to Balt. County or even to Frederick , i have been hiking Patapsco for a couple years or so and i have not hiked all the areas .

Both places have many areas , but one thing you are right on you don't want to be bored , that is why maybe if we network here we can get other sites .

I did one up somewhere around the Little Gunpowder a couple of years that was awesome. Didn't see a soul all day.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    There's a nice trail in Old National Pike Park in Mount Airy (FredCo near New Market). Snakes around the outside of the park and up through the woods. About 1.5 miles long. Two laps is a good walk. Plenty of parking. Dog friendly.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    There's a nice trail in Old National Pike Park in Mount Airy (FredCo near New Market). Snakes around the outside of the park and up through the woods. About 1.5 miles long. Two laps is a good walk. Plenty of parking. Dog friendly.
    Thanks, sounds perfect to take the 5 year old.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom