• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    I just read the exceptions to MD's wear and carry permit...

"6. On dredge boats, other than two 10 gauge shotguns (NR 4-1013)"

Thank god they ban hand guns on dredge boats. I can't tell you how many time I've been on a dredge boat and worried that I'd be attacked by a citizen with a legally permitted handgun.

These are the 'common sense gun laws' they say everyone wants. Ironic thing about those common sense gun laws....they make NO SENSE!!!

Extramile

Jan 1, 2020
    Western MD
    I really hate to be the guy that say to use the Search feature , but you ( the OP ) just jumped with both feet into the subject of Transporting in Maryland .

It comes up frequently , and most of the dozens of threads reach epic lengths , search out just one of them . Yes MDS search feature sucks . Use google or other outside search engine , including Maryland Shooters in the search .
    I never mentioned anything about transporting in Maryland. I was curious about the interview process. Your right. I could’ve used search feature. Sorry to tie up so many useless pages.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    I just read the exceptions to MD's wear and carry permit...

"6. On dredge boats, other than two 10 gauge shotguns (NR 4-1013)"

Thank god they ban hand guns on dredge boats. I can't tell you how many time I've been on a dredge boat and worried that I'd be attacked by a citizen with a legally permitted handgun.

These are the 'common sense gun laws' they say everyone wants. Ironic thing about those common sense gun laws....they make NO SENSE!!!

Funny thing about their citation is the law is "up to two 10 gauge shotguns," is that two fowling pieces up to 10ga? Any two firearms up to 10ga? How many crew are typically on a dredge?

It sounds like it comes out of the oyster boat wars between VA and MD way back in the day when they were shooting at each other with cannon.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Post #77 " Do you still have to lock handgun in a case while traveling in Maryland ? " .

Locked in a case does Not appear in Maryland Law .

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I wonder how many permits are issued in Maryland so far . Must be adding to the numbers just from what I see here .

When walking me out of the interview I jokingly said “Well, that didn’t seem to go very well lol” and she mentioned, well exact quote “well I don’t know ... we see a lot of business cards (come or go?) through”.

I also had a thread discussing how it is not legal for a permit holder to leave pistol in vehicle to go somewhere prohibited like a post office. No need to discuss here. FC.

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    So I showed this to a cousin of mine and she was curious if anyone ever answered yes to either of those questions, and still got his or her permit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes.

The last real physical altercation was when I was 19 and got my ass kicked by a fellow who looked like Hulk Hogan and thought I was sleeping with his girlfriend. (While I was not sleeping with her, I did deserve it.) I gave nearly that exact sentence as my answer. (For the kids out there - if you think she's a psycho, you are probably right. Just stay away, regardless of how stunningly hot she is.)

I smoked some pot in my 20's, I'm in my late 40's, I don't use it now. Again, pretty sure that was nearly my exact answer. Didn't seem like it was that big a deal. I think they are looking for evidence that you are a habitual drug user or drunkard, and evidence that you have a propensity for violence.

Last edited:

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So I showed this to a cousin of mine and she was curious if anyone ever answered yes to either of those questions, and still got his or her permit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am pretty sure that yes to an altercation is a huge mark against. Medical marijuana as well. A little pot in College? Not so sure that's an issue.

Here's something to think about; if you stated on a background investigation (maybe for a Top Secret) that you smoked pot, and then tell the MSP rep (who writes everything down in a report) that you did not, you now have conflicting information in writing. While I think it's unlikely you would ever be called on it, that possibility now exists. I suppose you could say "oh, that was a long time ago and I forgot"; but ... just saying.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Yes.

The last real physical altercation was when I was 19 and got my ass kicked by a fellow who looked like Hulk Hogan and thought I was sleeping with his girlfriend. (While I was not sleeping with her, I did deserve it.) I gave nearly that exact sentence as my answer. (For the kids out there - if you think she's a psycho, you are probably right. Just stay away, regardless of how stunningly hot she is.)

I smoked some pot in my 20's, I'm in my late 40's, I don't use it now. Again, pretty sure that was nearly my exact answer. Didn't seem like it was that big a deal. I think they are looking for evidence that you are a habitual drug user or drunkard, and evidence that you have a propensity for violence.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

IjustCantAim

Jan 20, 2010
    I took the 8 hour "class". Filled out a simple application. Took it to the sheriff's office in town. The nice office lady did the electronic fingerprints. Said it will be ready in a couple weeks. They called, text and emailed saying it was ready and to pick it up in person at the office. Went and showed them my ID. They laminate it there and send you on yer way.. But this is North Carolina. lol
    Makes you realize how ridiculous maryland is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom