AGCAS 3 GUN Match

What: 3 Gun Match
    When: Saturday, December 14th, 2019
    Where: AGC Action Shooting Bays 3 - 6
    Who: AGC Badge Holders and Guests
    Why: Because we love you

Shooters must Register on Practiscore.com

https://practiscore.com/associated-gun-clubs-3-gun-dec-14-2019/register

There will be 4 stages and each squad will be limited to 12 shooters.

AGCAS Multi Gun Events will be governed by the Mid Atlantic Multi Gun Rules

[url]https://h9a5z8b6.stackpathcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Mid-Atlantic-Rules-version-2.23.2017.pdf[/URL]

This is a fun match and we are very friendly to new shooters. Come on out, give it a try. Don't worry if you don't have a shotgun set up for three gun, we will find one for you to use. Just make sure that you have a good retention holster and magazine pouches.

We look forward to seeing everyone on December 14th

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    AGCAS 3 GUN Match

What: 3 Gun Match
    When: Saturday, December 14th, 2019
    Where: AGC Action Shooting Bays 3 - 6
    Who: AGC Badge Holders and Guests
    Why: Because we love you

Shooters must Register on Practiscore.com

There will be 4 stages and each squad will be limited to 12 shooters.

AGCAS Multi Gun Events will be governed by the Mid Atlantic Multi Gun Rules

[url]https://h9a5z8b6.stackpathcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Mid-Atlantic-Rules-version-2.23.2017.pdf[/URL]

This is a fun match and we are very friendly to new shooters. Come on out, give it a try. Don't worry if you don't have a shotgun set up for three gun, we will find one for you to use. Just make sure that you have a good retention holster and magazine pouches.

We look forward to seeing everyone on December 14th

Registered. I didn't know we needed a "why," buuuutttt....ok :shrug:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    We aren't going to have sing, though...right?
    hqdefault.jpg

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    What's this 2-gun division? Also, how far out are the targets?

2 Gun is for the guys who want to come out and play but do not have a shotgun and would prefer not to borrow one. A good number of the shotgun targets can be engaged with the pistol and those can not are just skipped for 2 gun. We normally only get 2-4 shooters registered for this division. We would prefer to have them come out and play rather than stay home as we are trying to attract as many new shooters as possible to take part in our "fun/club" matches.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    What if one has a shotgun but just ****ing hates it? :lol2: Can one sign up for 2-gun? Asking for a friend of course.

Also, I have not checked the rules but I assume mag fed beasts like the Panzer AR12 or RIA vr80 are "open" category.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    What if one has a shotgun but just ****ing hates it? :lol2: Can one sign up for 2-gun? Asking for a friend of course.

Also, I have not checked the rules but I assume mag fed beasts like the Panzer AR12 or RIA vr80 are "open" category.

Anyone can sign up for the 2 Gun division. At some point in the future, I would like to add a USPSA 2 Gun Style match of its own. We just aren't there yet and have no one to run it.

Mag fed shotguns are allowed in the open division. Experience has shown them to be a complete and total PITA and they cost you more time than they save you. But if you spent your hard earned cash on one, then by all means, bring it.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    At this point, we only have 18 shooters registered, which is somewhat unusual being that we are only 6 days out. It may be the weather, the holidays, or something else.

These 3 gun events require numerous man hours to design, set up, and tear down. That said, I am afraid that we will need to cancel the match if we do not get at least 30 folks registered by noon this Wednesday. In addition, there is rain in the forecast for Monday, Tuesday and Saturday. If we get too much precipitation and the fields get too saturated (muddy), then this will also be cause for a cancelation as we do not want anyone slipping and falling or to have the fields get too torn up.

All of that said, I wanted to throw the registration link back out there one more time and ask that if you are planning to attend that you sign up prior to noon on Wednesday. If we don't get 30 shooters AND we DON'T get the forecasted rain, then we will cancel the Match, but will still set up a couple of bays for some 3 gun practice for those of you who have registered.

Please visit the link below and sign up. I will send out an update on Wednesday evening as to what the final plans for Saturday will be.
    Take care

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    At this point, we only have 18 shooters registered, which is somewhat unusual being that we are only 6 days out. It may be the weather, the holidays, or something else.

These 3 gun events require numerous man hours to design, set up, and tear down. That said, I am afraid that we will need to cancel the match if we do not get at least 30 folks registered by noon this Wednesday. In addition, there is rain in the forecast for Monday, Tuesday and Saturday. If we get too much precipitation and the fields get too saturated (muddy), then this will also be cause for a cancelation as we do not want anyone slipping and falling or to have the fields get too torn up.

All of that said, I wanted to throw the registration link back out there one more time and ask that if you are planning to attend that you sign up prior to noon on Wednesday. If we don't get 30 shooters AND we DON'T get the forecasted rain, then we will cancel the Match, but will still set up a couple of bays for some 3 gun practice for those of you who have registered.

Please visit the link below and sign up. I will send out an update on Wednesday evening as to what the final plans for Saturday will be.
    Take care

Lol. The thrill is gone.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Who are you exactly?

I would love to try 3 gun, it's on my list for 2020 but can't make it this Saturday due to wife's Christmas party. I suspect lots of people are in the same boat that weekend.

I suspect you are right. If you like the Stage O Madness, then you will love 3 Gun.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I would love to try 3 gun, it's on my list for 2020 but can't make it this Saturday due to wife's Christmas party. I suspect lots of people are in the same boat that weekend.

10-4.

It's now on my short list, even though I face it with the dread of knowing that it will be another source of gun budget busting.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Who are you exactly?

10-4.

It's now on my short list, even though I face it with the dread of knowing that it will be another source of gun budget busting.

Me too. Interested to try but don’t have anything but the pistol and rifle. Need holster/mag pouches and shottie but not sure I can get set up that fast.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Equipment requirements are in large part the reason that 3 Gun is not as popular as IDPA, USPSA, and Steel Challenge. All 3 gun shooters started out with just a rifle and a pistol. It can be very intimidating as well as confusing. I remember my first time I brought my Remington 1187 field shotgun with a 5 round capacity. I shot it one time and then borrowed someone else's.

My recommendation would be to register, bring your rifle, pistol, and mag pouches that you have as well as some shotgun shells. I will help you find someone on your squad who would be more than happy to share their shotgun with you. In fact, I don't recommend buying much gear, especially a shotgun, until you have spent some time talking to the guys on your squad about what they run, what they used to run, and why they don't run it anymore. This goes for shotguns, gun belts, holsters, pistol mag pouches, rifle mag pouches, shotguns, and just about everything else. I wish I would have had someone give me this advice as it would have literally saved me hundreds of dollars (actually closer to $1500).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom