• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I see you read through that Gansler opinion I gave you. You have been using it a lot lately.

My argument for the AR-10 not being a copy of the AR-15, is that the mags are different, the bolt carrier group is different, the lower itself is larger because of the increase action length, the BCG is different (i.e., larger), and the list goes on. About the only thing that is interchangeable between the AR-15 and AR-10 is the fire control group (i.e., trigger) and the stock. Maybe the hand guard. Am I missing anything else that is interchangeable?

The big snafu with all of this is that we now have an issue regarding heavy barreled AR-15 rifles from other manufacturers, because they cannot stamp them Colt Sporter HBAR without being sued by Colt. So, is Colt going to receive a windfall from this, or is the MSP going to be less stringent about the stamping on the side of the gun if the gun is not a Colt but it has a heavy barrel. Why it is so hard for them to define with a HBAR rifle is, is beyond me, unless they want to continue to screw around with this until d-day on October 1, 2013.

I have not read all the proposed COMAR on this yet. Anybody see anything in it regarding the definition of a HBAR?
    Sounds like post Oct 1st they will be treated as an exclusionary offense. They will show up charge you and confiscate your entire collection never to be seen again along with your rights. I think the liberal states will be the testing grounds for their national ambitions. Who says the police and military will not follow unlawful orders.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Look there is no way only colts will.be exempt. This is an equal protection issue. They may define hbar to be more specific thanks in part to noise on this forum.

However at best it will refer to new transfers since we have written guidance from msp stating that our actions were lawful.

Stand ready to litigate but do not panic.

Re Ar 10. Not only is it not parts compatible but it predates the ar-15. Good work coping what does not exist yet....

So stay calm prepare to litigate...

If questioned invoke right to counsel. If memory serves Once invoked it can not be waived with out counsel present .. this ends questioning....

Do not open your safe.

I am not a lawyer if you are concerned get one...now.

Last edited:

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I call the Maryland State Police Licensing Division to ask about the status of HBAR's and about people getting visited, a really apathetic sounding officer answers "hi, oh uhh I mean you've reached the licensing division," and she transfers me to a line "no longer operational due to staffing shortages." Then, I decide to call a different department, and the officer transfers me back to the first person, who once again sends me to the non-operational line. I then call the first extension again, explain exactly what I want to ask, and she transfers me to a line that doesn't even ring and no one picks up.

ksy95

Mar 11, 2013
    I called the Rockville Barracks and also got an apathetic sounding woman. I asked about the state of regulation on HBAR ARs and she said, "Can you see our list of regulated weapons?" "Yes." "We regulate what's on that list and our position has not changed on anything."

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Look there is no way only colts will.be exempt. This is an equal protection issue. They may define hbar to be more specific thanks in part to noise on this forum.

However at best it will refer to new transfers since we have written guidance from map state king that our actions were lawful.

Stand ready to litigate but do not panic.

Re Ar 10. Not only is it not parts compatible but it predates the ar-15. Good work coping what does not exist yet....

So stay calm prepare to litigate...

If questioned invoke right to counsel. If memory serves Once invoked it can not be waived with out counsel present .. this ends questioning....

Do not open your safe.

I am not a lawyer if you are concerned get one...now.

I have heard Colt only from several sources as well. I know someone preparing to market MD compliant lowers with a fixed mag that you have to open the gun to reload. Like I said we are the disarmament test case.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    I have heard Colt only from several sources as well. I know someone preparing to market MD compliant lowers with a fixed mag that you have to open the gun to reload. Like I said we are the disarmament test case.

Doesn't that limit you to a 10 rd non-detachable mag then?

I would agree with only Colt if the wording of the law was different. The law states "Colt AR-15, CAR-15, and all imitations
    except Colt AR-15 Sporter H-BAR rifle;". Now either it is only Colt for both or everything for both because the law states before the list "... the following specific assault weapons or their copies, regardless of which company produced and manufactured that assault weapon...”.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Doesn't that limit you to a 10 rd non-detachable mag then?

I would agree with only Colt if the wording of the law was different. The law states "Colt AR-15, CAR-15, and all imitations
    except Colt AR-15 Sporter H-BAR rifle;". Now either it is only Colt for both or everything for both because the law states before the list "... the following specific assault weapons or their copies, regardless of which company produced and manufactured that assault weapon...”.

Him and several others who have met with MSP swear that Colt only is the standard MSP will be using. He also said removeable mags will be banned.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Him and several others who have met with MSP swear that Colt only is the standard MSP will be using. He also said removeable mags will be banned.

Good. So using that ...'logic', anything that is NOT a Colt will not be banned.:innocent0

How are they going to ban removable mags since it is not in the current law or sb281?

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013

What you are missing is that naming a manufacturing company and denying other manufacturing companies is an equal protection. Issue. The establishment of a illegal monopoly and many other issues long before we reach the 2a.

Now I know that they intend. I am just talking about what they can get away with.. no new precedent need be established to do away with a law that violates federal antitrust law for example.

Stay villigilent. Just don't panic. Nothing gets better when you panic.. that's all I am saying.....

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013

No.. not based on this law. They may try but I think this is an attempt to push us to do something stupid. MSI is all over this.. I know you will be at the hearings.. the more they over each the more like a federal court tosses the whole thing..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom