• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    It burns my tongue to say it but the next handgun I buy will probably be a Glock. Excuse me while I go spit.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Colt - living on their name, and the verge of bankruptcy, for years.

Kel-Tec - why the #%$& do they use wood screws on firearms?!?

Glock - People who love them love them more than they should; people who hate them hate them more than they should.

Marlin - RIP, 2007.

FN - Hope you didn't want aftermarket parts for that. Luckily, you spent all your money on the gun, so it's ok.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    Keltec - she's the busted girl at the dance who all the guys still want and are embarrassed to admit it because she does freaky stuff none of the other girls will do.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    Keltec - she's the busted girl at the dance who all the guys still want and are embarrassed to admit it because she does freaky stuff none of the other girls will do.

Most accurate post ever in MDS history.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Compared to either a Colt Python or an N Frame S&W, OK, Glock is fugly.

Compared to a Steyr M9A1, Sig P Series, CZ P-07/09, H&K, Walther, etc. Glock is no more/no less ugly than any of them.

Glock is beautiful in its simplicity, reliability and functionality. Those of who appreciate pistol designs that just work think Glock is pretty f'ing hot.

+2

20ravens52

Mar 21, 2016
    Long Green
    Hi Point: If our handguns didn't look like ghetto cordless drills people might realize they don't suck. Bonus points for our carbine, though.

:lol2: My Father-in law bought a carbine and that was spot on with my first impression. The carbine is a good value for the money, but my God is it ugly...

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I'll play...

Anschutz: Ve haff sehr gut gewehr!

Beretta: Bipolar disorder. Great shotguns, pistols are meh. Living on past glories to a degree.

Browning/FN: Could use another John Browning or Dieudonne Saive.

Colt: The really old relative who did great things a long time ago, but has been living on past glories all your life.

CZ: Good manufacturing, but keeps trying to chase other companies' designs.

Glock: Had one really brilliant idea, rode it as far as it would go. If they don't come up with something new fairly soon, they will decline. Like the 1911, they are living partly on market domination and inertia at this point.

Hammerli: Effectively dead after the Umarex buyout. Pity, they made fantastic guns.

Heckler & Koch: Living on the glories of the MP5 and G3. And the P7.

Kel-Tec: Good designs, spotty execution, poor availability. Really need to follow John Browning's example - sell firearm designs to other companies for manufacture.

Match Guns: Out-Germaned the Germans. Magnificent designs, but their support model is to send the gun back to the factory. Works in Europe, not elsewhere...which is why you can't get the damned things in the U.S.

Pardini: Ferarri of firearms. Dominates the market for semi-auto pistols for Olympic events. And they even have decent U.S. service and support.

Remington: Living on the glories of the old Model 700 and 870. If they don't get their QC problems in hand, they'll go bankrupt.

Ruger: Brilliant industrial engineering of not-so-brilliant designs.

Sig-Sauer: Damn, it's shocking just how far you can ride the old Sauer 38h lockwork. It'll be interesting to see how the P320 holds up, it's new.

Smith & Wesson: Another company trying to chase Glock around. Pity, as they used to do some good original designs in their own right. And could do it again if they tried.

Springfield Armory: Decent renditions of someone else's designs. Kind of like buying reprints of books no longer under copyright.

Steyr: Their pistol is the Glock Mk 2...if only they could get it into the marketplace in numbers. And lose those weird sights. The AUG is a great rifle...pity they took so long to get a U.S. manufacturing capability set up.

Walther: Multiple personalities. One personality wants to make cheap .22 plinkers, usually tarted up like better-quality pieces. A second wants to make mid-grade defensive guns. A third wants to make serious Olympic target pistols.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    I'm surprised that no one has said it... AK-47, when you absolutely positively have to kill every last mother fu@#$er in the room... accept no substitute.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Colt - We have great lawyers and a magical technical document you can't see. Basically we are Xerox. We haven't released anything innovative in 40 years and we bought that design.

SIG - We are a little over weight by modern standards. Precisely machined aluminum and steel made us famous and we still carry that banner in a era of plastic.

HK - If you have to ask, you probably can't afford us. We have a 7 year back order on all mags.

FN - We are basically the new Hk. We are the Borg, all manufacturers not owned by the Freedom Group will be assimilated.

Ruger - Chevy

S&W - Ford

IMI - Our existence is God will

High Q

Jan 16, 2009
    The only constant I find in talking to people about guns is that no one ever says anything bad about CZ.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    The only constant I find in talking to people about guns is that no one ever says anything bad about CZ.

CZ's suck. They have the dinkiest slide and they use an innovative design from WWII. And what crack smoking dingus designed a DA/SA gun with no decocker?

There ya go. Wish granted and all legitimate complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom