• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    I'm no lawyer, just a collector and collectors will collect. Most of the collection of 200+ was shipped to Maryland over the last 15 years from all over the country and the world, the only problem was when customs opened a package of knuckles from Portugal and held it for a month before sending it.

Those cable flails of yours, btw, look deliciously vicious.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    This year is the 100th anniversary of America's involvement in WWI.
    Found this last weekend and while it's not really a trench knife it's still a vicious hand held WWI weapon used mainly at night in silent raids behind enemy lines(probably German)...

Attachments

• 20170108_233017.jpg
      20170108_233017.jpg
      102.2 KB · Views: 621

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    My grandfather was in that war. That was one nasty fight. Was at Chateau Thierry and Belleau Wood both. Just from the stories I heard, very few, must have been as bad as we've always thought it was and then some.

GodOfVice

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    My grandfather was in that war. That was one nasty fight. Was at Chateau Thierry and Belleau Wood both. Just from the stories I heard, very few, must have been as bad as we've always thought it was and then some.

GAS was obviously murderous. BEST WW1 flick..... Alls Quiet On The Western Front..... the ORIGINAL with Lew Ayres, NOT JohnBoy. :mad54: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Quiet_on_the_Western_Front_(1930_film)

German perspective much like Das Boot! If Hitler wasn't such a pos he COULD have been respected for his service record.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Well, when I look at something like that it just doesn't seem like something I would want to use or collect so I'm not that interested in it. Anyone know what it is? Just seems to me like it wouldn't be effective as a weapon. Reminds me of something made for places like the UK or California where carrying knives and other effective self defense tools is illegal but carrying that thing isn't. I imagine it could be used as an impact weapon similar to knuckles but it has some disadvantages that would put the user at risk of injuring their hand.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    My guess is that it's some kind of mini multi tool, maybe seat belt cutter.

I checked a couple gadget sites and didn't see it.

Ran across this, interested in your opinion especially on the knuckle knife combo near the bottom. http://www.bigbobsknives.com/Pages/Tactical.aspx

It's a fixed blade so probably illegal to carry concealed in Maryland even if the knuckles are plastic.

I found this, I think these are very similar; so pretty sure its a mini multi-tool.

Probably, still not something I would want to carry.

What do you speculate this is worth?

Does it look authentic to you?

All the markings are correct, the sheath is correct, and the pommel nut is correct so I'd say it's a good knife in good condition worth $1,000 or maybe even more. But it can be hard to tell from a picture.

Last edited:

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Wanted to update this thread, recently completed my collection of 1917 trench knives by finding the HD&S knife, now have all 5 variations from 4 different makers.
    Also recently an awesome new book all about the model 1918 knuckle knife has become available, but not many copies were printed.

Attachments

• 20180318_171731.jpg
      20180318_171731.jpg
      32.4 KB · Views: 252
    • 20180318_180825.jpg
      20180318_180825.jpg
      89.7 KB · Views: 267
    • 1918book.jpeg
      1918book.jpeg
      59.2 KB · Views: 262

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Wanted to update this thread, recently completed my collection of 1917 trench knives, now have all 5 variations from 4 different makers.
    Also recently an awesome new book all about the model 1918 knuckle knife has become available, but not many copies were printed.

Are they all originals and not repos??? Condition is phenomenal if so! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom