• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randyho

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2009
    Not His Happy Place
    Most of the folks at the licensing division are great....

Thanks for mentioning that. I've no reason to doubt it.

we all just picked to live our lives in a shitty state.
    Curable. And after the 'ronamess, I'll be retiring earlier than I'd planned and leaving. Working on the retirement gig now as I find myself pretty motivated.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Every member of the licensing division that I talked to was awesome and super helpful(except for one lady that answered and was a huge bitch).

Wear and Carry was approved March 12. I didn't get it for more than a month. They were helpful and sent another copy. I ended up getting both copies in the end. They did say that the mail room is only staffed once a week due to the pandemic.

HQL approved May 9th and still not here. Most of the folks at the licensing division are great....we all just picked to live our lives in a shitty state.

But that doesn't explain why the only sent them out once a week in the past

j26sub

May 8, 2018
    Thanks for mentioning that. I've no reason to doubt it.

Curable. And after the 'ronamess, I'll be retiring earlier than I'd planned and leaving. Working on the retirement gig now as I find myself pretty motivated.

Good luck! North Cackalacky is calling me back, but some pretty big hurdles in my way.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    My license was approved and set to active last Thursday. I have been expecting it and then today saw an old thread saying they only mail them on Fridays. I gave them a call and this is correct. They then said mine wasnt mailed on Friday and must have been missed and will be mailed tomorrow.
    Patience...that is what asking the crown to buy a gun in Maryland is all about. Change the crown, and you can change the process.

What kind of ******** is this? What makes them unable to send mail more than one day a week like every other agency or business? I am all for gun control but this is nonsense and feels more like laziness than anything else.
    Hmmm...maybe that is a post you would want deleted from your count. :innocent0
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=218878

Patience...:tap:

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    Maryland really sucks for gun owners. It just surprises me how they find every little way to inconvenience and impede law-abiding tax paying gun owners from exercising their constitutional right. Probably the worst thing about it is, Marylanders voted for this and will continue to vote for this.

Only Judicial and/or Federal action can alleviate Maryland gun owners and that will be a slow process, but even then Maryland will do its best to add restrictions and impediments as much as possible.

Mar 23, 2016
    Carroll County
    If the desire is to increase awareness and drive change then these conversations meaning the political aspects of this forum need to go to a mainstream platform like Twitter. Forums are a pre-social media platform. Now they seem to be for car enthusiasts and where I go when I’m trying to fix an error code on my dishwasher and washing machine. I’ll concede when getting into technical aspects and discussions of firearms yes I like and will go to forums, but there’s no griping with or about others in those discussions. Why I don’t post on here often on political stuff...what good does it do? Who is going to see it i.e. who that could help would see this? Plus, don’t want email notifications every time there’s a thread reply or another app on my phone. I get enough emails. Want to stay anonymous, set up a new email and a fake name and link to a fake name on Twitter. You don’t “trust them”...please, Google or yahoo, Twitter, and Verizon or AT&T are not going to set up a conference call to find out who you are. There so much valuable info on here not being exposed as it could be...retweets and likes that catch the attention of local leaders (who have Twitter) exponentially increase the exposure...politicians cave to griping once it becomes loud enough and social media in the present helps drive that noise. The status quo here is just adding griping to it with much less chances for it to drive change (but I’ll concede there’s a lot more griping on Twitter but that griping gets attention). Not trying to rub anyone wrong way or ruffle feathers...just adding perspective I think from vantage of someone who thinks a large population segment has no idea about this. Sure a lot of people do. My argument is more definitely could be. Before you reply all I ask is you check out @2aupdates who posts constantly on and has tracker for 2A related court Cases across country including MD wear and carry case currently awaiting whether or not SCOTUS will take. Don’t know him and he don’t know me, but it’s amazing info. And prolly not gonna check for replies in a while. Out! Turkey hunting comes early. Gobble gobble gobble.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    MSI has the same tracker and has been on the social media you mention for years and years. We aren't lost or behind the times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom