• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J Beard

Deplorable Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    Could you buy a round here, and mic it to see if cut down .223 would work? http://www.ammo-one.com/35WSLs.html
    I have a half a box of remington cartridges and a few spent brass that came with it, I just haven't gotten around to putting a mic to them. This is a seriously back burner project.

I'm not a reloading expert but how do you make a rimless .223 into a semi-rimless case?

Buffalo Arms looks like they reformed theirs from .38 Special cases (of course it's out of stock).

Conversion is going to take lathe work, which I have access to.
    I'm guessing that it will be easier to convert a rimless .223 case than a rimmed .38 case to semi rimless. Almost all but the one post I referenced, use converted .38 cases, appears to be the standard. I haven't looked in a while but I seem to remember someone else using another semi obsolete case to convert to the .351SLR, which is longer.

Looking at the numbers I've seen it should be possible as I believe 350 legend cartridges are basically made from cut down .223 and they use a .355 bullet.
    The 35LSR is a .351 bullet. Just a little more squeeze?

Who with more spare time than me wants to guinea pig this, and see if its possible?

I challenge you!

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Well.... I'm happy to report that it didn't take as long as I thought to lift the curse of the pre-purchased magazine. I did find about a dozen or so 1907s out there for sale. A few were beat and bubba-ed and a couple were crazy, ridiculously, ludicrously over-priced. I wound up getting sniped in the closing moments on two auctions and seriously out bid on two others, but finally got lucky. Found a decent looking one with a 1937 manufacture date in good shape and at a reasonable price. Didn't even have to fight with the seller about shipping on a C&R. I was looking for one with a hooked plunger pad... this has the flat pad, but other than that, it is pretty much what I wanted. Closed on it yesterday.

In the mean-time, I did get some ammo from Buffalo Arms. Looks like they are loading on .357 Maximum brass. So now I have the magazine... the ammo... all I need is the rifle to show up! Good times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom