• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    So the guy I work with Stephen Stamboulieh along with a couple hundred other people were interviewed by times Its hard to explain the set up but basically it is a collage and you can click on the person for their interview. Its people on both sides of the debate.

http://time.com/guns-in-america/

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    That's a cool interface, and they seem to have picked a lot of diverse opinions from both sides.

I'm particularly surprised at the number of gun rights = civil rights opinions represented. "Our side" is typically seen as a bunch of old white guys and we generally are—at least most of the events I've been to. It's refreshing to hear defense of 2A coming from such unique perspectives and I wish lawmakers had more exposure to those voices.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    TIt's refreshing to hear defense of 2A coming from such unique perspectives and I wish lawmakers had more exposure to those voices.

MD lawmakers have heard a lot of testimony in favor of 2A. Oddly enough, it seems to fall on deaf ears.

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    That's a cool interface, and they seem to have picked a lot of diverse opinions from both sides.

I'm particularly surprised at the number of gun rights = civil rights opinions represented. "Our side" is typically seen as a bunch of old white guys and we generally are—at least most of the events I've been to. It's refreshing to hear defense of 2A coming from such unique perspectives and I wish lawmakers had more exposure to those voices.
    This wouldn't change their minds. :sad20:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Certainly not when you have Bloomberg throwing $45M at anti candidates in a single election.

Hard to comprehend why the Dems would have opposed Citizens United, which turned $$$ into protected political speech.

Except maybe CU was paying the other side of the aisle? "Good for me, not for thee."

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Hard to comprehend why the Dems would have opposed Citizens United, which turned $$$ into protected political speech.

Because it means the more money you have, the more free speech you can have?

Because it allows corporations to influence elections, even those wholly owned by non-U.S. citizens, like Starkist Tuna (owned by koreans) and General Electric (owned by the chinese)?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarKist

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...hat-arent-american-anymore/ss-AAuyrTV#image=1

Ill quote from a famous document folks might recognize. Emphasis mine:

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

I would argue that Citizens United made for a less perfect Union.

JC92

Aug 1, 2012
    MD
    Because it means the more money you have, the more free speech you can have?

Because it allows corporations to influence elections, even those wholly owned by non-U.S. citizens, like Starkist Tuna (owned by koreans) and General Electric (owned by the chinese)?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarKist

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...hat-arent-american-anymore/ss-AAuyrTV#image=1

Ill quote from a famous document folks might recognize. Emphasis mine:

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

I would argue that Citizens United made for a less perfect Union.
    You have misunderstood the entire situation. Once you start curtailing rights for some, in a misguided attempt to promote those same rights for others, you will embark on a never-ending adventure in which there is always an argument to restrict further rights.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    You have misunderstood the entire situation. Once you start curtailing rights for some, in a misguided attempt to promote those same rights for others, you will embark on a never-ending adventure in which there is always an argument to restrict further rights.

How is permitting foreigners to meddle in American politics, by way of allowing foreigned-owned U.S.-based corporations to a have free speech in proportion to the amount of money that they have, curtailing the rights of U.S. citizens, exactly? Asking for a friend....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom