• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    A plus would be because mag limits would be prohibited if you have a license to carry

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I am not fond of Ammo and magazines being redefined as handguns. There is that law of unintentional consequences.

If they can shore up those 2 definitions, then the bill would be really good. As it stands now, it needs a tweak.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    I am not fond of Ammo and magazines being redefined as handguns. There is that law of unintentional consequences.

If they can shore up those 2 definitions, then the bill would be really good. As it stands now, it needs a tweak.

It's only redefined for purposes of this one section. I'm not convinced at all by the author of that article's arguments. The law does not federalize private bans. It only states that federal preemption doesn't apply to state property.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I heard either today or yesterday, that 4 states have filed a suite against the federal government for the military not providing prohibiting information from being to the FBI for denying purchases using the NICS system. I wonder if that will either help or hurt this effort. Wasn't this already being addressed,

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Some states may enforce MD restrictions. Some will not. We have no definitive list of states that do.

It also may depend on the wording of signed reciprocity agreements between states.

I'm guessing the number of states that enforce MD restrictions is quite small.

To some states, a permit is a permit.

And some states may continue o honor NR permits, so you could carry unrestricted in those states.

How many LEOs from other states will even know to look on the back of a MD permit to inspect for restrictions?

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I heard either today or yesterday, that 4 states have filed a suite against the federal government for the military not providing prohibiting information from being to the FBI for denying purchases using the NICS system. I wonder if that will either help or hurt this effort. Wasn't this already being addressed,

I think it may help. They've gone far out on record saying they want better reporting for background checks and the Fix NICS (attached to the House reciprocity) bill in theory does just that.
    But we all know the SF congressional delegation won't vote for it no matter what.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• pinnochios 2.jpg
      pinnochios 2.jpg
      11 KB · Views: 315
    • pinnochios.jpg
      pinnochios.jpg
      11 KB · Views: 307

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    They better hurry. DACA is on the front burner. Of course the Dems will howl if it's attached to progressive legislation like DACA.

Good.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Just bring the Bill to the floor. Lets see how it goes. All of this politicking about this Bill is getting ridiculous. Just put it out for a vote.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    Just bring the Bill to the floor. Lets see how it goes. All of this politicking about this Bill is getting ridiculous. Just put it out for a vote.

I agree.

This recent article points out how some Senate Democrats are caught between a rock and a hard place regarding national reciprocity.

Concealed carry reciprocity coming soon to the U.S. Senate
    http://www.macon.com/opinion/readers-opinion/article193916549.html

Democrats who don’t toe the party line and vote for the bill without Sen. Schumer’s approval, will face a wrath worse than that of a woman scorned, especially if the bill passes. And yet some of them will have to vote for reciprocity, if they are not to face the indignation of voters in 2018 or even in 2020. Gun rights citizens have long memories.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I agree.

This recent article points out how some Senate Democrats are caught between a rock and a hard place regarding national reciprocity.

Concealed carry reciprocity coming soon to the U.S. Senate
    http://www.macon.com/opinion/readers-opinion/article193916549.html

I know it's difficult for some to believe, but there are a fair amount of Democrats that are gun people. I think they would be very interested in this Bill. It needs to come to the floor now to help our efforts in this years elections.

Most Dems aren't single issue voters, but this could be the tipping point for some. This would also have the possibility to bring the Republican voters back out to the voting booths. I can't see it hurting the Republican party at all.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    They better hurry. DACA is on the front burner. Of course the Dems will howl if it's attached to progressive legislation like DACA.

Good.

I'm thinking it unlikely it'll be attached with DACA since that'll already have border security/wall, exc. It may look like too much of a poison pill.

There may be other bargaining chips available (reefer legislation,exc.), although the Fix Nics is itself a bargaining chip, just look at how the Dems are whining about it being attached to the House bill.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Not sure what Miguel has been smoking.. They'll work it out among themselves who can vote for the Bill "if" this is an issue, and it will lose by one vote

I'm afraid you may be right. Those up in 2018 will have priority to go ahead and vote for it based on polling.
    One interesting note is that Manchin (WV), who co-sponsored a reciprocity bill last year which was almost identical the this years Senate bill, has sent out a canned, waffling response to a constituents' letter asking for support. State's rights, lack of training were mentioned (even though it wasn't an issue for his bill last year!).
    I think the Dems may think that the defy Trump at all turns will work even on gun bills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom