• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Aray is the the latest to join us, as noted on the other thread about this upcoming political event:

I'm in.

I'll stand in solidarity with anyone that shares a love for freedom, liberty and the 2A, but don't ask me to wear a rainbow ribbon or anything of that nature. I won't do that.

Thanks for your participation aray! Who else?

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Re: car pool - I'm in the Crownsville area. I could drive or would be happy to snag a ride with someone else. If I'm needed as a driver, knowing where to park, where to gather, and the times are all good logistical things to have on-hand.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I'm sure R&R will chime in with time and meet up spots. As far as parking, here's a Google Earth view of West Potomac Park

178cf93e-1977-4f80-9270-8f99c5222b82_zpsf4b1j8eq.png

And the link to zoom in on parking spots. Plenty on Ohio Drive SW. And I believe on weekends you can also park on Independence Ave.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.8856218,-77.0470311,422m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    All right 2A Warriors....let's meet in the grass between the ballfields above no later than 10:45am this Saturday morning at West Potomac Park--which is the triangle of green space between the Lincoln Memorial and the Potomac River.

Parking on the parkway loop around West Potomac Park might get tight depending on the number of DISARM protesters showing up. Options include coming early, or finding spaces on Constitution Avenue near the Vietnam Memorial and Lincoln Monument, and walking over.

I will arrive at West Potomac Park around 9:30am on Saturday to scout things out and will post parking suggestions right here on this thread. Note that there is a restroom facility just to the east of the ballfields, near Martin Luther King Jr. memorial.

I will be attempting to park close to the ballfields and we will be bringing plenty of signs, including the three "Orlando 49 In Memorium" signs, plus American flags--full size and parade size-- and a Gadsden banner.

While I am confident the DISARM people have alerted the TV news media, I will be contacting the media to notify them that we will be there in OPPOSITION to their disarmament demands--which creates the conflict the media seeks in its coverage.

I encourage folks to freeze water bottles because nice cool drinks makes for greater comfort.

Finally, our efforts will be the best tribute possible to one of our great modern-day Patriots: III% Leader Mike Vanderboegh of Alabama, who, at age 64, lost his long battle with cancer yesterday. He travelled the USA for years to attend Second Amendment protests, inspiring 2A folks with his fearless stance that "enough is enough!". He will be missed, but we are picking up his torch to keep that "never quit" legacy alive:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=197904&highlight=vanderboegh

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      118.3 KB · Views: 215

Mr H

Banana'd
    It will also be hellaciously hot...

I will have water, and will try to pick up ice as well.

I am bringing ShafTed with me, but due to events of the week, I will not have any more room for people.

Should I put an MDS flag on a pole?? I'll have a US and Gadsden as well...

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!

I am bringing ShafTed with me, but due to events of the week, I will not have any more room for people.

I would say no. We don't represent MDS. But who am I to say..

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

I have two 5-foot American flags on poles ready to go. If you like, run that Gadsden up a pole.

We can take a vote on the MDS flag, because our protest does contain sharply partisan signs that disparage Democrat lunacy.

(We flew the Maryland Shooter's banner at the NRA HQ vigil, because that was strictly non-partisan.)

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I can see if we were planning on supporting a NAMBLA rally why it might be an issue, although anyone who bought an MDS flag can do what they want with it.

If we are going to be semi stationary, like at the NRA, then I would say bring it, but if on the move then no, as the flags and signs together are a little tough to do.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Just got word the other day from my boss. Due to the work load before a new semester starts up, my weekends and Labor Day holiday now belong to JHU. :(

I had hopes of making it down to DC on Saturday. If the post office comes through, Mr H may have a few rainbow Gadsden flag stickers to pass along, but that's about the best I can do this time around. Good luck and thank you all!

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I have two 5-foot American flags on poles ready to go. If you like, run that Gadsden up a pole.

We can take a vote on the MDS flag, because our protest does contain sharply partisan signs that disparage Democrat lunacy.

(We flew the Maryland Shooter's banner at the NRA HQ vigil, because that was strictly non-partisan.)

Don't forget the 'combo' Maryland Gadsden flag. Wave it proudly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom