• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I saw these at Walmart this morning. Has anyone tried them? Do they work?

9022caafa39c030e5f43a78d77ad1343.jpg

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I saw them there a few weeks ago too. Honestly, I felt a little dumber after standing there reading.

Get yourself a bore snake and some Hoppes #9. In about 45 seconds you can do a pretty through job on a dirty smooth bore.

I'd leave the actual shooting..... to actual shells, no one needs to clean a gun at 1,100fps.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    After you shoot the cleaner how do you clean the bore?

I got tired of cleaning so a used a patch with Hoppes, love that smell.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I saw them there a few weeks ago too. Honestly, I felt a little dumber after standing there reading.

Get yourself a bore snake and some Hoppes #9. In about 45 seconds you can do a pretty through job on a dirty smooth bore.

I'd leave the actual shooting..... to actual shells, no one needs to clean a gun at 1,100fps.

Yep, i use a Breakthough Clean bore snake. it cleans and lubricates the barrel in one pull.

Last edited:

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA

Haven't seen them, but.......What he said!!!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

I’ll ask you to go back to China now Mr communist

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    15 seconds.

Attachments

• 9D9A6409-7E23-4C79-93DA-969C0EF1C888.jpg
      9D9A6409-7E23-4C79-93DA-969C0EF1C888.jpg
      16.3 KB · Views: 354

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I’ll ask you to go back to China now Mr communist

Ha.

I am actually a believer that it's more likely most guys do MORE damage messing around cleaning stuff than just doing a quick "once over" or even leaving it be (not inclusive of corrosive centerfire rounds or the like obviously).

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Well, I'm sure they're an excellent way to separate you from eight or nine bucks.

I never had much trouble with patches and Hoppes, so I'll stick with that.

lockandload

Oct 26, 2012
    I swear i just saw that box and read it three times. While waiting to replace the .22 ammo my sons have been using. BTW bucket of 1400 rds .22 were $74 dollars if anyone is needing .22.

NOTE THE BUCKET O BULLETS ARE NOT MAGIC BARREL CLEANING BULLETS!

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Well, they don't work as great as advertised based on this video. It's a neat concept though, but as they mention in the video a $2 shell isn't going to clean a barrel that is really dirty from a lot of use, it also doesn't clean the chamber so you're going to have to do some hand cleaning anyway. Save the $8 for something that will actually be useful.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Really this is like "sanistix" for drain clogs that could be cleared with a coat hanger. Really?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Ha.

I am actually a believer that it's more likely most guys do MORE damage messing around cleaning stuff than just doing a quick "once over" or even leaving it be (not inclusive of corrosive centerfire rounds or the like obviously).

This is pretty much spot on. Way too many people set in the old ways. Most shotgun barrels are chrome lined nowadays. I cannot remember the last time I used a boresnake or a bristle brush on any of my shotguns. When I was young, my dad stressed cleaning the guns after each use. Now, I just rub down the exterior with oil and put them back in the safe if they have chrome lined barrels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom