• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    I've never shot at the 200y range at AGC. Are there the same holders at 200y for the normal targets we bring AND a 2x4 mount for gongs??

Shooting a 4-6 inch gong at 200y would be fun once in a while.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Negative, they are only on the Barnes range at 100y and the last 5-6 lanes of the pistol range at 25y. You need a stand to shoot at any other distances on the other ranges.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Negative, they are only on the Barnes range at 100y and the last 5-6 lanes of the pistol range at 25y. You need a stand to shoot at any other distances on the other ranges.

Darn. Oh well. I’ll consult the rules more but also, do you know if there’s a rule against using the standard frames and replacing the paper target part with something to hold a gong?

I’ve seen people doing it at 100yards, I assume 200y is okay but... don’t wanna find out the wrong way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Using the 200yd existing frame holders, because of where the frame holders are on the 200yd range, is not a good idea. The spall/splash of hot lead and metal jackets tears up the ground and maybe the roof of the storage area.

IIRC, steel rules for 200 say that the steel has to be placed on the dirt berm well behind everything the spall might destroy. Now if you have a stand for the wood frame that you can put on the dirt berm, that should be ok.

Stands for a 2x4 to hold steel targets are not expensive, $35 from Amazon free shipping.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Using the 200yd existing frame holders, because of where the frame holders are on the 200yd range, is not a good idea. The spall/splash of hot lead and metal jackets tears up the ground and maybe the roof of the storage area.

IIRC, steel rules for 200 say that the steel has to be placed on the dirt berm well behind everything the spall might destroy. Now if you have a stand for the wood frame that you can put on the dirt berm, that should be ok.

Stands for a 2x4 to hold steel targets are not expensive, $35 from Amazon free shipping.

Yes! I remember that now! The dirt been part made it come together. THANKYOU!

I love this community. Trolling when asked for but serious when not and no hard feelings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Darn. Oh well. I’ll consult the rules more but also, do you know if there’s a rule against using the standard frames and replacing the paper target part with something to hold a gong?

Not officially but I tried to do that with the steel frames on the pistol range the RSO wasn’t amused but technically it was a single target mounted in the center of the pistol frame. That was before they added the railroad ties to the pistol range.

If you want to hang a gong inside your standard AGC target frame there’s nothing stopping you but it won’t last long with the spalling.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Not officially but I tried to do that with the steel frames on the pistol range the RSO wasn’t amused but technically it was a single target mounted in the center of the pistol frame. That was before they added the railroad ties to the pistol range.

If you want to hang a gong inside your standard AGC target frame there’s nothing stopping you but it won’t last long with the spalling.

:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom