• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Strnge

Feb 19, 2016
    Hagerstown, Md
    This would be my first time going to this show. Has anyone gone in the past. Is anyone going this time? I shoot WWI, WWII and Vietnam Era rifles. Are there surplus rifle dealers there? Are there parts dealers there for my area of interest? If so how many dealers?

Thank you in advance.

Mike

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Real Short Form: OK show for First and Second World War hardware. Outstanding for antiques. The only "must attend" show in the area.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I've been there many times. It's literally a world-class show if you're into antique firearms. People attend from all over the world. If you're looking for modern guns, it's not the show for you. There are hundreds of dealers taking up the entire cow palace. If you take your time, it's tough to do it in one day. You might find parts for WWI and WWII guns. Some dealers will have stuff like that. But I cannot stress enough that it's a pre-1899 show with a minor showing of modern WWI/WWII/Korean-era long guns.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Have been several times and also had table several times. This show will blow your mind. So much stuff it will be hard to see it all in one day.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'll be there. It is one of the most prestigious arms shows in the world.

I go for the ethnographic edged weapons, mainly, but the range of stuff is breath-taking, from 18th century Manton dueling pistols to the occasional anti-aircraft gun, Revolutionary and Civil War items, WWI and WWII weapons, gear, uniforms . . . the range of stuff beggars description. A lot of it is affordable, some is out of the question, and some is just for display.

2112rws

Jan 18, 2013
    No post 98 handguns. There will be WWI and WWII long guns but usually better quality and at a higher price than at a normal gun show. No stacks of boxes of mil surp rifles like you might see at other shows. Still worth going. I've went every year except when I was in the army. The first one I went to was around 1960 at the 5th Reg. Armory.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I'm hoping to drop some coin on a US Krag or maybe something Civil War era. The thing I expect at this show is authenticity.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Even though the show is prmarily pre 1898, there are soooo many tables that are there, there are still a pretty good number of WWI and WWII era items. I am into older field and hunting guns and have bought and sold more than a couple. Be aware, however, that not every table is manned by an 01 FFL or 03 FFL and quite a few tables without FFLs have guys from other states there. Not at all a problem for 03 FFL buyers, but illegal to sell a long firearm to an out of state resident who has no FFL unless you are an 01 FFL.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Would inexpensive modern ammmo be a big seller there? Maybe a silly question.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Honestly, no. Very different sort of crowd.

Appreciate the answer. I had a feeling but then I thought most collectors would also have modern weapons as well. I guess I'll just wait for the Timonium show in April. Thanks, Jon.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Appreciate the answer. I had a feeling but then I thought most collectors would also have modern weapons as well. I guess I'll just wait for the Timonium show in April. Thanks, Jon.

Getting a table is difficult enough. If you're only bringing modern ammo, I doubt you'd be allowed a table. Ruins the entire point of the show. No offense.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    And people from around the country and around the world would stay home instead of attending a world-class antique arms show littered by common, modern items.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    And people from around the country and around the world would stay home instead of attending a world-class antique arms show littered by common, modern items.

Not everyone has 3k to drop on a purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom